Kreuzkapelle - Kempenich, Rheinland-Pfalz / Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Iris & Harry
N 50° 24.880 E 007° 06.953
32U E 366139 N 5586434
Quick Description: Lombard band frieze around the chapel
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 4:37:16 AM
Waymark Code: WMYEGE
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member bluesnote
Views: 0

Long Description:
All around the chapel, at the facade near the roof you will find a simple lombard band frieze in a very good condition.

Seite „Kreuzkapelle (Kempenich)“. In: Wikipedia, Die freie Enzyklopädie. Bearbeitungsstand: 8. August 2017, 12:51 UTC. URL: (visit link) (Abgerufen: 6. Juni 2018, 10:15 UTC)

"Die Kreuzkapelle in Kempenich, einer Ortsgemeinde im Landkreis Ahrweiler (Rheinland-Pfalz), wurde 1879 errichtet. Die Kapelle ist ein geschütztes Kulturdenkmal, sie befindet sich westlich der Straße von Weibern nach Kempenich auf einer Anhöhe in einem kleinen Mischwald.
Geschichte

Pastor Ferdinand von Freyhold (1839-1919) entwarf den im sogenannten Kreuzwäldchen befindlichen Kalvarienberg mit Kapelle und daneben stehendem Wohnhaus. Die Kreuzkapelle wurde 1879 in neoromanischen Formen mit zwei Westtürmen erbaut. Am 20. Mai 1881 wurde die Kapelle zu Ehren der schmerzhaften Muttergottes geweiht.

Die Holzpietà wurde in Tirol hergestellt. Die Bleiglasfenster wurden von der Glasmalerei Joseph Machhausen in Koblenz eingebaut und im Jahr 2010 von der Glasmalerei Maur in Ahrweiler restauriert. "

EN (Translation):
"The Kreuzkapelle in Kempenich, a local community in the district of Ahrweiler (Rhineland-Palatinate), was built in 1879. The chapel is a protected cultural monument, it is located west of the road from Weibern to Kempenich on a hill in a small mixed forest.
narrative

Pastor Ferdinand von Freyhold (1839-1919) designed the Calvary Hill with chapel and the house next to it, located in the so-called cross forest. The cross chapel was built in 1879 in neo-Romanesque forms with two western towers. On May 20, 1881, the chapel was consecrated in honour of Our Lady of Sorrows.

The wooden Pietà was made in Tyrol. The lead glass windows were installed by Joseph Machhausen stained glass in Koblenz and restored in 2010 by Maur stained glass in Ahrweiler. "

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Address:
Kreuzkapelle, Kreuzwäldchen, 56746 Kempenich


Artist: Not listed

Web URL to relevant information: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photos of the building and a piece of art (minimum 1).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Frieze Art
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.