Ancienne Commanderie des Templiers - Clermont-Ferrand, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member RakeInTheCache
N 45° 47.621 E 003° 06.854
31T E 508878 N 5071131
Quick Description: [FR] Au n° 4 de la rue Parmentier, se trouvent les vestiges de l'ancienne commanderie des Templiers. [EN] The vestiges of the former Templar commander are to be found at 4 rue Parmentier.
Location: Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
Date Posted: 5/26/2018 12:38:19 PM
Waymark Code: WMYBQB
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Kelux
Views: 1

Long Description:
Source : repris du panneau historique situé pas loin du site.

[FR] Installée dans l'enceinte du château pour aider à la défense de la ville, elle étend, au XIIIe siècle, ses dépendances jusqu'au rempart nord. Le maître de la province d'Aquitaine y résidait et faisait l'"information" des chevaliers. A la suppression du Temple en 1312, les biens de la commanderie furent dévolus aux Hospitaliers de Saint-Jean à Herbet. En 1786, la plupart des bâtiments furent démolis.

[EN] Built within the wall of the castle to aide in the defense of the city, it's outbuildings extendeded, in the 13th century, up to the northern rampart. The master of the Aquitaine province lived there and made the news of the knights. When the Templars were disbanded in 1312, the property was given to the knights of Saint John at Herbet. In 1786, most of the buildings were demolished.
Name of Military Order: Knights Templar

Link documenting charitable acts: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Posters must have physically visited the location. Uploading an original photo is strongly encouraged.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Legacy of Medieval Spiritual Warriors
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.