Catholic parish church of St. Martin , Euskirchen - Nordrhein-Westfalen / Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Iris & Harry
N 50° 39.727 E 006° 47.110
32U E 343467 N 5614592
Quick Description: Three windows of the main choir created in 1953/54
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 8/3/2017 1:41:07 AM
Waymark Code: WMWAH0
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member lumbricus
Views: 1

Long Description:
Quelle: (visit link) :
"Die im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1944 zerstörten figürlichen Buntglasfenster sind durch Neuanfertigungen ersetzt. Die drei Fenster des Hauptchores über dem Altar wurden 1953/54 von dem Kölner Künstler Steinkrüger als geometrisch gestaltete Maßwerkfenster in Farbverglasung geschaffen. Die Fenster des nördlichen Seitenschiffes 1956 von der Gocher Firma Menke auf Veranlassung des damaligen Ehrendechanten Aloys Schelauske (1931-1957); die restlichen Chorfenster (abstrakte Gestaltung mit Weinreben, Regentropfen bzw. stilisierten Ähren), die Fenster des südlichen Seitenschiffes (abstraktes Rosenmotiv) - beide von 1970-73 - und die Fenster des südlichen Eingangsportals von 1977 (St. Martin und Donatus; Oberlicht mit Katze) wurden von dem Leverkusener Künstler Paul Weigmann gestaltet. Die Taufkapellenfenster, wobei das altchristliche Symbol des Fisches verwandt wurde, gestaltete und führte wiederum aus die Gocher Firma Menke im Jahre 1954 aus Anlass des goldenen Priesterjubiläums des Ehrendechanten Schelauske."

EN (Translation):
"The figural stained glass windows destroyed in the Second World War in 1944 are replaced by new ones.The above the altar were by the Cologne artist Steinkrüger as a geometrically designed tracery window in color glazing.The windows of the northern side ship in 1956 by the Gocher company Menke At the instigation of Aloys Schelauske (1931-1957), the rest of the Chorfenster (abstract design with vines, regent drops and stylized ears), the windows of the southern side nave (abstract rose motif), both from 1970-73, and the windows of the southern side The entrance to the church of St. Martin and Donatus (skylight with cat) was designed by the Leverkusen artist Paul Weigmann, and the baptismal chapels were used to recreate the old Christian symbol of the fish Golden priestly jubilee of the E Herndechanten Schelauske. "
Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
Kirchstraße 12
Euskirchen , Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany
53879


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: Mo - SO

Hours of Operation: From: 8:00 AM To: 6:00 PM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.