St Mary the Virgin - Sedgeberrow, Worcestershire
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member SMacB
N 52° 02.700 W 001° 57.940
30U E 570935 N 5766548
Quick Description: The Church of England parish church of Saint Mary the Virgin was consecrated in 1331
Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom
Date Posted: 8/12/2013 3:45:27 PM
Waymark Code: WMHTD1
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Jyrki&Sari
Views: 1

Long Description:
Consecrated in 1331, it has a small western bell tower with a spire and three bells. The oldest was cast in 1623 by Godwin Baker of Worcester, the next by Henry Bagley of Chacombe in 1665 and the last by Abraham Rudhall of Gloucester in 1718. The church was restored in 1868 and a vestry was added in 1900, but its original 14th century form is largely unchanged. The parish is now part of the Benefice of Hampton with Sedgeberrow and Hinton-on-the-Green.

SOURCE - (visit link)
Building Materials: Stone

Visit Instructions:
Logs for Medieval churches waymark must contain a date found and any details about the visit there. Also photos and other experiences related to the building are welcome.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Medieval Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.