Raven Brood Trout Station - Caroline, Alberta
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member wildwoodke
N 52° 03.593 W 114° 40.985
11U E 658834 N 5770231
Quick Description: The Raven Brood Trout Station produces up to 6 million rainbow trout fry from this hatchery located near Caroline, Alberta.
Location: Alberta, Canada
Date Posted: 12/26/2011 5:51:01 PM
Waymark Code: WMDCX5
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member kJfishman
Views: 2

Long Description:
Raven Brood Trout Station
Government of Alberta, Sustainable Resource Development

Tel: 403-722-2180

Box 160,
Caroline, AB T0M 0M0

Information from on-site signage:

"The station began as a trout hatchery in 1937. From the 1950s to the late 1970s it operated as a rearing station for rainbow troute where trout fingerlings were reared to yearlings and stocked into lakes and ponds.


The Raven Brood Trout Station can produce up to 6 million rainbow trout eggs annually. The station produces about 65 per cent of the province's rainbow trout eggs, with the remaining 35 per cent produced at the Allison Creek Brood Station in Blairmore."
Type of Facility: Fish Hatchery

Management Agency: State/Provincial Government

Has a Vistor Center: no

Offers Tours: no

Relevant Web Site: Not listed

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Fish Hatcheries
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.