Blue plaque, 16th Century Grammar School Porch
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Stretchy123
N 52° 05.505 W 001° 56.987
30U E 571949 N 5771763
Quick Description: On the north side of Merstow Green is Evesham Working Mens Club. This building has an unusual 16th century porch, which used to be part of a school and now has a blue plaque.
Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom
Date Posted: 7/9/2011 3:48:10 AM
Waymark Code: WMBZVZ
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member miatabug
Views: 3

Long Description:
On the north side of Merstow Green is Evesham Working Mens Club. This building has an unusual 16th century porch which used to be part of a school and now has a blue plaque.

The porch was built by Abbot Lichfield (1514-1539) and was the porch of the old grammar school. This became Prince Henrys school in 1605, and was moved here in 1879.

Prince Henrys school still exists, but is in northern Evesham. The building attached to the plaque is now Evesham Working Mens Club.
Blue Plaque managing agency: Evesham Civic Society

Individual Recognized: Evesham Grammar School

Physical Address:
8 Merstow Green
Evesham, Worcs UK
WR11 4BD


Web Address: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log an entry for a "Blue Plaque," please try to include a picture of you next to the plaque!
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Blue Plaques
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
SMacB visited Blue plaque, 16th Century Grammar School Porch 11/3/2018 SMacB visited it
The_Senior_Crabbes visited Blue plaque, 16th Century Grammar School Porch 10/21/2016 The_Senior_Crabbes visited it

View all visits/logs