St. Mark's Episcopal Church (SC-210) - Millsboro, DE
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member ODragon
N 38° 35.532 W 075° 17.580
18S E 474483 N 4271564
Quick Description: The first organized services for members of the Protestant Episcopal Church...
Location: Delaware, United States
Date Posted: 9/15/2008 5:07:14 AM
Waymark Code: WM4PB5
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member programmer64
Views: 25

Long Description:
The first organized services for members of the Protestant Episcopal Church in this community were conducted by Rev. John A. Childs in a local schoolhouse in the mid 1840s. As a result of the declining condition of Prince George’s Chapel in nearby Dagsboro, and in response to the needs of the town’s growing population, a house of worship was built here on land that was purchased from Woolsey and Hetty Burton in 1849. In 1870, the old structure was removed and construction of the present building was commenced. The church was formally consecrated in May 1884. Two early rectors of note were Rev. William Ellis and Rev. Lewis W. Wells. St. Mark’s Parish Hall was constructed in 1963. In 2006 a Community Labyrinth and Meditation Gardens were completed on the former site of the Church Rectory.
Visit Instructions:
Please include a picture of the sign with your GPS in the picture.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Delaware Historical Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
muffy53 visited St. Mark's Episcopal Church (SC-210) - Millsboro, DE 9/19/2010 muffy53 visited it
ODragon visited St. Mark's Episcopal Church (SC-210) - Millsboro, DE 9/13/2008 ODragon visited it

View all visits/logs