St Bartholomew's cemetery - Longnor, Staffordshire
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member SMacB
N 53° 10.925 W 001° 52.153
30U E 575566 N 5893123
Quick Description: Churchyard cemetery and extension of St Bartholomew's church, Longnor.
Location: East Midlands, United Kingdom
Date Posted: 9/24/2022 2:09:14 AM
Waymark Code: WM16RCC
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
Views: 0

Long Description:

Churchyard cemetery and extension of St Bartholomew's church, Longnor.

The churchyard around the church building has only a handful of gravestones, and along the south west side has houses directly overlooking the graves.

The cemetery was extended in 1891 across the road to the north of the church. A stone near the entrance reads -

THIS                                               
ADDITION TO THE CHURCH YARD
WAS GIVEN BY SIR V. H. CREWE. BART.
LAID OUT BY JOHN SHAW ESQRE.
CONSECRATED BY THE RIGHT REVD.
SIR L.T. STAMER, SUFFRAGAN
BISHOP OF SHREWSBURY
APRIL 27th 1891.
REVD. C. STRONG, VICAR
    RALPH JOHNSON |
                                    THOMAS GRINDEV | CHURCH WARDENS
WILLIAM JOHNSON |

City, Town, or Parish / State / Country: Longnor / Staffordshire / England

Approximate number of graves: 400

Cemetery Status: Active

Cemetery Website: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Post an original, un-copywrited picture of the Cemetery into this Waymark gallery, along with any observations about the cemetery.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Worldwide Cemeteries
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.