Kosken Leipomo Portsa - Turku, Finland
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Smurffaaja
N 60° 26.859 E 022° 14.790
34V E 568582 N 6701915
Quick Description: Portsan kaupunginosassa toimiva pieni leipomo ja kahvila. A small bakery and café in the Portsa district.
Location: Finland
Date Posted: 8/19/2021 11:16:05 PM
Waymark Code: WM14T65
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member bluesnote
Views: 9

Long Description:
[FIN [ Kosken leipomo on perustettu vuonna 1918. Se on sijainnut aina samassa kiinteistössä Puutarhakadulla. Rakennus on rakennettu vuonna 1893 ja sen rakennuttajana on toiminut rakennusmestari Anders Koski. 1920-luvulta alkaen leipomon omistajana toimi ensin Kaarlo Koski, sitten Lyydia Koski. Leipomon omistaja oli Koski aina siihen asti kun leipomon osti 1964 Viljo Lamminen, häneltä se siirtyi 70-luvun alussa Jarkko ja Kirsti Lammiselle, joiden tytär Taru miehensä Rauno Ruohon kanssa osti yrityksen vuonna 2001. Henkilökuntaa on ollut 1960-luvun lopulla 18 henkeä. Myynnissä on ollut n. 150 erilaista artikkelia.

Leipomo toimii edelleen samoissa tiloissa kuin perustettaessakin. Talon rakennuspiirustukset vuodelta 1893 on tehnyt A. Kajanus. Leipomo sijaitsee kivirakenteisessa osassa, joka on alkuperäisissä piirustuksissa merkitty ulkorakennukseksi. Siinä on alkujaan myös ollut iso leivinuuni, Puutarhakadun puoleisessa isossa huoneessa. Lars Wiklund on signeerannut kivirakennuksen muutospiirustukset vuodelta 1926. Siihen piirretty iso leivinuuni on purettu jo aikoja sitten, mutta samassa kohtaa sijaitsevat nyt sähköiset uunit.

[Source: Kosken Leipomo website (visit link) ]


[EN] Kosken Bakery was founded in 1918. It has always been located on the same property on Puutarhakatu. The building was built in 1893 and was built by master builder Anders Koski. From the 1920s onwards, the bakery was owned first by Kaarlo Koski, then by Lyydia Koski. The owner of the bakery was Koski until Viljo Lamminen bought the bakery in 1964, from the early 70's it was transferred to Jarkko and Kirsti Lamminen, whose daughter Taru and her husband Rauno Ruoho bought the company in 2001. There were 18 employees in the late 1960s. There have been about 150 different articles for sale.

The bakery still continue to operate on the same premises as when it was established. The building drawings of the house from 1893 were made by A. Kajanus. The bakery is located in a stone-structured part, which in the original drawings is marked as an outbuilding. It has also originally had a large baking oven, in a large room on the Puutarhakatu side. Lars Wiklund has signed alteration drawings of the stone building from 1926. The large baking oven drawn on it has been dismantled a long time ago, but electric ovens are now located in the same place.
Operating Hours:
Monday to friday 6.30–17 Saturday 8–16 Sunday closed. Maanantai - perjantai 6.30-17 lauantaina 8-16 sunnuntaina kiinni.


Sit down area - other food available: Cafeteria

Recommended Cakes, Pastries etc.: Famous "possumunkki" Apple fritter!

Physical Address:
Puutarhakatu 23
Turku, Finland
20100


Visit Instructions:
A short description of your visit including at least one photograph of the bakery or bakery items.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Independent Bakeries
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
vipema visited Kosken Leipomo Portsa - Turku, Finland 1/20/2022 vipema visited it
Wilina visited Kosken Leipomo Portsa - Turku, Finland 10/10/2021 Wilina visited it

View all visits/logs