Santuario SS. Crocifisso del Cestello - Bologna, Emilia–Romagna
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member razalas
N 44° 29.275 E 011° 20.716
32T E 686482 N 4928742
Quick Description: This old Roman Catholic church was rebuilt in 1762.
Location: Emilia–Romagna , Italy
Date Posted: 7/6/2021 1:59:22 PM
Waymark Code: WM14GVB
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 4

Long Description:
Placed on the right side of the main door there is a plaque that reads:

Eretto nel 1516 dalla confraternita del Crocefisso, che venerava un'immagine dipinta sulle mura della città nel XV secolo (ora sull'altare maggiore), fu ricostruito nel 1762. L'interno costituisce un perfetto esempio di decorazione settecentesca con ornati di Antonio Gamberini (1782-88), stucchi di Luigi Acquisti e affreschi di Flaminio Minozzi. In sacrestia si trova l'Addolorata dello scultore Angelo G. Piò (1730).

Erected in 1516 by the Brotherhood of the Crucified, who worshiped an image painted on the walls of the city in the fifteenth century (now the main altar), it was rebuilt in 1762. The interior is a perfect example of eighteenth-century decoration adorned with Antonio Gamberini (1782-88), stucco and frescoes by Luigi Flaminio Purchases Minozzi. In the sacristy is the Sorrows of the sculptor Angelo Piò G. (1730).



"The original temple was erected in 1516 by the Brotherhood of the Crucified, who worshiped an image painted on the walls of the city in the fifteenth century (now the main altar), it was rebuilt in 1762.
The Shrine of the Holy Cross is rich in eighteenth-century decoration adorned with Antonio Gamberini, stucco and frescoes by Luigi Flaminio Purchases Minozzi.
In the sacristy is the Sorrows of the sculptor Angelo Piò G. (1730).
The church was built on a bridge over the stream that passed Aposa on land owned by the monks of St. Dominic, as a result of a miraculous event, which took place at the beginning of the sixteenth century, sparked by a crucifix painted on the wall of the convent of the Dominicans. Even today, the crucifix is kept inside the church.
The construction of the original church began in 1516 and then the church was rebuilt in 1762 in Baroque style. From 1823 to the beginning of the twentieth century the church was officiated by the Friars Minor."

Translated from: (visit link)
Codice di catalogo nazionale: 0800242103

Pagina del catalogo nazionale: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
[IT]
- Fornisci almeno una foto del sito che hai scattato.
- Scrivi almeno una frase sulla tua visita al sito.

[EN]
- Provide at least one photo you have taken of the site.
- Write at least one sentence about your visit to the site.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Italian Cultural Heritage
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.