Mittelalterliches Töpferviertel - Brühl, NRW, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member FamilieFrohne
N 50° 49.599 E 006° 54.253
32U E 352399 N 5632641
Quick Description: DE: Lions Club Tafel für das mittelalterliche Töpferviertel in der Tiergartenstraße 1 - 7 in Brühl. EN: Lions Club board for the medieval pottery district in Tiergartenstraße 1 - 7 in Brühl.
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 6/24/2021 11:36:01 AM
Waymark Code: WM14EQQ
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member NCDaywalker
Views: 4

Long Description:

DE: Im Rahmen der Aktion "Gebäude erzählen Geschichte" hat der Lions Club in Brühl in Zusammenarbeit mit der Stadt Brühl Anfang 2011 fast dreissig Tafeln mit Hintergrundinformationen zur Geschichte der Gebäude gestiftet. Diese graue Tafel mit weißer Schrift befindet sich am Gebäude der Tiergartenstraße 1 - 7 und trägt folgenden Text:

Mittelalterliches Töpferviertel

Uhlstraße - Tiergartenstraße - Franziskanerhof - Bönigergasse

Die Pingsdorfer Töpferware wurde im 12. Jahrhundert fast europaweit vertrieben. Nit Stadtwerdung im 13. Jahrhundert mussten die Pingsdorfer in die Niederungen innerhalb der Stadtmauern ziehen. So entstand um die Uhlstraße das Zentrum des Töpfergewerbes. Der Uhltopf geht auf das romanische Wort "ulla" zurück. So wurden die Töpfer im Rheinland Uhler genannt. Hergestellt wurden Irdenware und Steinzeug. Die Irdenware (das tägliche Kochgeschirr) wurde bei 800° C gebrannt.

Das Steinzeug, bei 1200° C gebrannt, ist wasserundurchlässig. Hieraus wurden Trinkgefäße, Krüge und Feldflaschen hergestellt. Kennzeichen des Brühler Steinzeugs ist der braunviolette und metallisch glänzende Farbton. Der Bau des Franziskanerklosters 1491 - 93 und der Stadtbrand von 1530, der im Töpferviertel ausgebrochen war, bedeuteten das Ende der Brühler Keramikproduktion. Die Brühler Töpferfamilien zogen nach Siegburg und Frechen.

Gestiftet vom Lions Club Brühl


EN: As part of the "Buildings tell a story" campaign, the Lions Club in Brühl, in cooperation with the city of Brühl, donated almost thirty boards with background information on the history of the buildings in early 2011. This gray plaque with white lettering is located at the building in Tiergartenstraße 1 - 7 and bears the following text:

Medieval pottery district

Uhlstraße - Tiergartenstraße - Franziskanerhof - Bönigergasse

The Pingsdorf pottery was sold almost all over Europe in the 12th century. After becoming a town in the 13th century, the Pingsdorfers had to move into the lowlands within the town walls. This is how the center of the pottery industry came into being around Uhlstrasse. The Uhlopf goes back to the Romance word "ulla". This is how the potters in the Rhineland were called Uhler. Earthenware and stoneware were made. The earthenware (the daily cookware) was burned at 800° C.

The stoneware, fired at 1200 ° C, is impermeable to water. From this drinking vessels, jugs and canteens were made. The hallmark of the Brühler stoneware is the brown-violet and shiny metallic color. The construction of the Franciscan monastery between 1491 and 93 and the fire of 1530, which broke out in the pottery district, marked the end of Brühl's ceramic production. The Brühl pottery families moved to Siegburg and Frechen.

Donated by the Lions Club Brühl

Street Address (if known):
Tiergartenstraße 1 - 7
Brühl, NRW Germany
5021


Condition?: Good

Visit Instructions:
1) Please provide a photo you have taken of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

2) If known, please indicate the operating Lions Club responsible for the placement of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

3) Any other information regarding your visit would be greatly appreciated.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Lions Clubs International Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
Seebär777 visited Mittelalterliches Töpferviertel - Brühl, NRW, Germany 7/1/2021 Seebär777 visited it