Amerige Brothers Realty Office - Fullerton, CA
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member bluesnote
N 33° 52.198 W 117° 55.784
11S E 414009 N 3748127
Quick Description: A small office near city hall.
Location: California, United States
Date Posted: 3/14/2021 5:34:40 PM
Waymark Code: WM13YN2
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member wayfrog
Views: 0

Long Description:
The plaque says, "Swept up by Southern California's 1886-88 land boom, Massachusetts merchants Edward (1857-1915) and George Amerige (1855-1947) decided to start a town. The bothers purchased 430 acres, laid out lots, and moved the town's first building - this small real estate office, which they also used as a home - to the southwest corner of Harbor Blvd. and Commonwealth Ave. The brothers began selling the first land plots from the small office in September 1887. The office would later be moved to a number of locations and used for a variety of purposes - a law office, a barber shop, a laundry, another real estate office - before being moved to commonwealth park in 1920. In 1939, the office was renovated and moved to a more prominent location in the park during the city's celebration of its fifty-year anniversary, and the name of the park was changed to Amerige Park in honor of Fullerton's founders. The office was rehabilitated in 1983, and then again in 2012-13, in a joint project between the city and Fullerton Heritage."
Blue Plaque managing agency: Fullerton Heritage 2002

Individual Recognized: Not listed

Physical Address: Not listed

Web Address: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log an entry for a "Blue Plaque," please try to include a picture of you next to the plaque!
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Blue Plaques
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
bluesnote visited Amerige Brothers Realty Office - Fullerton, CA 4/2/2021 bluesnote visited it