Alte Schmiede - Brühl, NRW, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member FamilieFrohne
N 50° 49.817 E 006° 54.267
32U E 352426 N 5633044
Quick Description: DE: Lions Club Tafel für die alte Schmiede in der Kempishofstraße in Brühl. EN: Lions Club marker for the old forge in the Kempishofstrasse in Brühl.
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 1/20/2021 9:06:31 AM
Waymark Code: WM13P3G
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.
Views: 3

Long Description:

DE: Im Rahmen der Aktion "Gebäude erzählen Geschichte" hat der Lions Club in Brühl in Zusammenarbeit mit der Stadt Brühl Anfang 2011 fast dreissig Tafeln mit Hintergrundinformationen zur Geschichte der Gebäude gestiftet. Diese graue Tafel mit weißer Schrift befindet sich am Eingang der alten Schmiede in der Kempishofstraße 11-13 und trägt folgenden Text:

Alte Schmiede

Kempishofstrasse 11-13

Mitte des 19. Jh. wurde unter Einbeziehung der Remise aus dem 18. Jh. die Baulücke zum Haus Kempishofstrasse 15 geschlossen und als Kgl.-preussische Schmiede genutzt. 1898 erfolgte die Verlegung der Schmiede mit der Esse in den rückwärtigen Anbau. Der Gebäudeteil an der Strasse wurde zu Wohnzwecken umgebaut. Hier wurden von dem Hufschmied Josef Bensberg Karrenräder bereift und Pferde beschlagen. Wegen der wachsenden Motorisierung wurde die Schmiede aufgegeben und ab 1939 nur zu Wohnzwecken genutzt.

Gestiftet vom Lions Club Brühl

EN: As part of the "Buildings tell a story" campaign, the Lions Club in Brühl, in cooperation with the city of Brühl, donated almost thirty boards with background information on the history of the buildings in early 2011. This gray board with white letters is located at the entrance to the old forge in the Kempishofstrasse 11-13 and bears the following text:

Old Forge

Kempishofstrasse 11-13

In the middle of the 19th century, including the remise from the 18th century, the vacant lot at Kempishofstrasse 15 was closed and used as a Royal Prussian forge. In 1898 the smithy and forge were moved to the rear annex. The part of the building on the street was converted for residential purposes. Here, blacksmith Josef Bensberg made tires for cart wheels and shod horses. Due to the growing motorization, the forge was given up and from 1939 it was only used for residential purposes.

Donated by the Lions Club Brühl

Street Address (if known):
Kempishofstrasse 11 - 13
Brühl, NRW Germany

Condition?: Good.

Visit Instructions:
1) Please provide a photo you have taken of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

2) If known, please indicate the operating Lions Club responsible for the placement of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

3) Any other information regarding your visit would be greatly appreciated.

Search for... Google Map
Google Maps
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Lions Clubs International Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
Seebär777 visited Alte Schmiede - Brühl, NRW, Germany 1/22/2021 Seebär777 visited it