Les Vitraux de l'Eglise Saint-Pierre-Ès-Liens - Dangé-Saint-Romain, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 46° 56.263 E 000° 36.376
31T E 317807 N 5201024
Quick Description: [EN] The stained glass windows of the Church of Saint-Pierre-Ès-Liens were donated by families who wanted to celebrate a family event. [FR] Les vitraux de l'Eglise Saint-Pierre-Ès-Liens ont été offerts par les familles qui souhaitaient célébrer un événement familial.
Location: Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Date Posted: 12/5/2020 11:50:50 AM
Waymark Code: WM13G1H
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 2

Long Description:

"In the middle of the nineteenth century, the primitive church of Dangé is, despite many restorations, in poor condition and is too small to accommodate the growing number of worshipers.

The municipality has made significant financial efforts to provide the town with modern equipment to participate in the economic and social development of France; despite this, the municipal team, in agreement with the parish's factory council, plans in 1858 to build a new church.

The next two years are devoted to the study of the project and the search for grants and donations, including those of individuals. The demolition of the old church was effective from August 1860, and the construction of the new building began in January 1861, carried out by Mr. Moreau, mason in Preuilly (Indre-et-Loire) on the plans of an architect Châtellerault.

The church is delivered to worship on February 1, 1863, the first mass is said the next day by Mr. Yavid, parish priest of Dangé, and the solemn consecration is made on October 1 following by Bishop Pie, bishop of Poitiers.

The facade announces the neo-Gothic style of the building, quite common structure, which stands at the edge of the national road in the center of the agglomeration. The bell-tower has a broken arc-arched door, two twin lancets surmounted by a quadrilobe, a blind arcade, the floor of the bells with, auxangles, pinnacles with hooks, and the metal spire. This arrow, re-used of the old church, dates from 1837.

Stained glass windows are later offered by families who wish to celebrate a family event, happy or sad, or simply to show their pity. "

Sources : The Church

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

"Au milieu du XIXe siècle, l’église primitive de Dangé est, malgré de nombreuses restaurations, en mauvais état et s’avère trop petite pour accueillir le nombre croissant des fidèles.

La municipalité vient de faire d’importants efforts financiers pour doter la commune d’équipements modernes lui permettant de participer à l’essor économique et social de la France ; malgré cela, l’équipe municipale, en accord avec le conseil de fabrique de la paroisse, envisage en 1858 la construction d’une église neuve.

Les deux années suivantes sont consacrées à l’étude du projet et à la recherche de subventions et de dons, y compris ceux des particuliers. La démolition de l’ancienne église est effective à partir d’août 1860, et la construction du nouvel édifice commence en janvier 1861, réalisée par M. Moreau, maçon à Preuilly (Indre-et-Loire) sur les plans d’un architecte châtelleraudais.

L’église est livrée au culte le 1er février 1863, la première messe est dite le lendemain par M. Yavid, curé de Dangé, et la consécration solennelle est faite le 1er octobre suivant par Mgr Pie, évêque de Poitiers.

La façade annonce le style néo-gothique de l’édifice, de structure assez commune, qui s’élève au bord de la route nationale, au centre de l’agglomération. Le clocher présente une porte en arc brisé avec archivolte, deux lancettes géminées surmontées par un quadrilobe, une arcature aveugle, l’étage des cloches avec, aux angles, des pinacles à crochets, et la flèche métallique. Cette flèche, réemploi de l’ancienne église, date de1837.

Les vitraux sont offerts ultérieurement par les familles qui souhaitent célébrer un événement familial, heureux ou triste, ou simplement marquer leur pitié. "

Sources : L’Eglise

Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
Avenue de l’Europe
Dangé-Saint-Romain, Vienne France
86220


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: 7/7

Hours of Operation: From: 9:00 AM To: 6:30 PM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
pmaupin visited Les Vitraux de l'Eglise Saint-Pierre-Ès-Liens - Dangé-Saint-Romain, France 2/2/2019 pmaupin visited it