Parmer County Courthouse - Farwell, TX
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 34° 23.090 W 103° 02.382
13S E 680221 N 3806569
Quick Description: All four sides of the courthouse have a central decorative terra cotta medallion with the letter “P” under a central semicircular parapet curve.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/22/2020 10:59:41 AM
Waymark Code: WM13ECM
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member bluesnote
Views: 1

Long Description:
NRHP Registration Form

"Completed in 1916, and occupied beginning in 1917 the three-story tan brick building has a T-shaped plan and faces west across a partially-wooded lot, with the base of the T extending eastward. Amarillo architects Christian Risser and William Townes incorporated elements of Classical, Renaissance, and Mission design in the building, which features a two-story inset entrance bay with three arches set on a pair of stone Tuscan columns and brick pilasters, and elegant brick and terra cotta stringcourses."

Artist: Architects Christian Risser and William Townes

Address:
401 Third Street
Farwell, TX


Web URL to relevant information: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photos of the building and a piece of art (minimum 1).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Frieze Art
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.