Cow Marsh Primitive Baptist Church-(KC-95)-Sandtown, DE
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Markerman62
N 39° 02.515 W 075° 41.655
18S E 439918 N 4321657
Quick Description: Located on Willow Grove Road (DE 10) near Mt. Olive Cemetery Road, Sandtown
Location: Delaware, United States
Date Posted: 7/30/2020 11:01:42 PM
Waymark Code: WM12X8N
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member johmer79
Views: 1

Long Description:
Organized on July 18, 1781, the "Baptist Church at Mount Moriah" also called Cow Marsh Baptist Church, is the fourth Primitive Baptist congregation formally constituted in Delaware. For many years members met in area homes. In 1793, Job Meredith conveyed two acres of land to Joseph Flood upon which a church was built the following year. Joseph Flood conveyed the property in 1796 to the trustees of "the Baptist Church at Mount Moriah". Additional land was purchased in 1858 to enlarge the burial ground. The first church served the Willow Grove area until 1872 when the structure was torn down and the present building was erected and opened in 1926. John Meredith, descendent of Job, donated more acreage to the church. Regular services ceased in the 1980s. The Cow Marsh Primitive Baptist Church was added to the National Register on June 24, 1976.
Delaware Public Archives 2005
Visit Instructions:
Please include a picture of the sign with your GPS in the picture.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Delaware Historical Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.