Église Notre-Dame - Lillebonne, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 49° 31.150 E 000° 32.053
31U E 321537 N 5488093
Quick Description: [EN] The Notre-Dame church was built to replace the Sainte-Marie-du-Château church destroyed at the end of the Hundred Years War. [FR] L'église Notre-Dame a été construite pour remplacer l'église Sainte-Marie-du-Château détruite à la fin de la guerre de Cent Ans.
Location: Normandie, France
Date Posted: 7/21/2020 2:25:25 PM
Waymark Code: WM12VVA
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 2

Long Description:

"It was consecrated in 1517. The bell tower was completed in 1537 by Michel Delafosse, mason, with limestone from Plaimbosc and Antoine Cachedieu, carpenter.

In 1540, the mason Michel Delafosse executed the mullions of the bays and finished the vault of the tower with the mason Michel Combart. The portal was redone in 1553 by Henry Deshayes, mason. In 1562, the windows broken by the Protestants were redone by Joseph Gueroult.

In 1594, Richard and Jehan Lemarchand repaired and redone windows. The side chapels of the nave were built at the end of the 16th century. In 1622, a glass roof (preserved) was made by Jean Lemarchand, painter-glassmaker.

In 1729 the sacristy was built with materials from the rood screen and the cradle of the nave was rebuilt. In 1825 the south side of the nave was redone with materials from the demolition of the Saint-Denis church by Louis Vessel, mason. In 1873, the architect Simon rebuilt the choir. In 1884, the bell tower was restored. "

Sources : The Church from what Wikipedia tells us.

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

"Elle a été consacrée en 1517. Le clocher est terminé en 1537 par Michel Delafosse, maçon, avec du calcaire de Plaimbosc et Antoine Cachedieu, charpentier.

En 1540, le maçon Michel Delafosse exécute les meneaux des baies et termine la voûte de la tour avec le maçon Michel Combart. Le portail est refait en 1553 par Henry Deshayes, maçon. En 1562, les verrières cassées par les Protestants sont refaites par Joseph Gueroult.

En 1594, Richard et Jehan Lemarchand réparent et refont des verrières. Les chapelles latérales de la nef sont construites à la fin du XVIe siècle. En 1622, une verrière (conservée) est faite par Jean Lemarchand peintre-verrier.

En 1729 est construite la sacristie avec les matériaux du jubé et le berceau de la nef est refait. En 1825 le côté sud de la nef est refait avec les matériaux de démolition de l'église Saint-Denis par Louis Vessel, maçon. En 1873, l'architecte Simon reconstruit le chœur. En 1884, le clocher est restauré."

Sources : L’Eglise d’après ce que nous dit Wikipédia.

Building Materials: Stone

Visit Instructions:
Logs for Medieval churches waymark must contain a date found and any details about the visit there. Also photos and other experiences related to the building are welcome.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Medieval Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
pmaupin visited Église Notre-Dame - Lillebonne, France 7/21/2020 pmaupin visited it