St. Martin's Episcopal Worshiping Community - Mason, TX
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 30° 44.861 W 099° 13.489
14R E 478481 N 3401661
Quick Description: Historical Marker tells us the church building was originally built as "First Christian Church".
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 5/26/2020 8:46:33 AM
Waymark Code: WM12GYC
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
Views: 0

Long Description:
Historical Marker:

Organized Feb. 14, 1875, with M. E. Gibson as first minister. Land for church was purchased from John and Louisa Schuessler on Oct. 16, 1876, by church elders John R. McGee, A. P. Boston, Whitmill Holland, and B. F. Gooch.

This structure, built of native sandstone by local contractor August Brockmann, was completed and dedicated in Jan. 1879. The classic revival porch was added in 1926, by Philadelphia Architect Watkins K. Phillips.


Diocese of West Texas

"Revs. Phil Mason and Linda Kelly alternate and serve St. Martin's three out of the four Sundays each month."

Active Church: Yes

School on property: No

Date Built: 1/1/1879

Service Times: 11 a.m.

Website: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Take a picture of the Church. Please try to keep your GPSr out of the photo.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Anglican and Episcopal Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.