(Former) Aledo Church of Christ - Aledo, TX
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 32° 41.677 W 097° 36.208
14S E 630911 N 3618295
Quick Description: Now known as "The Parson's Table" a banquet and wedding venue.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 3/14/2020 5:47:03 PM
Waymark Code: WM126VD
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane
Views: 0

Long Description:
Aledo Church of Christ Website

"Although there are undocumented reports of tent meetings in Aledo in the late 1890's, the earliest confirmed record of the Church of Christ in Aledo dates from 1902 when G. Dallas Smith conducted a tent meeting here. Afterward, the meetings of the church were held in the school building with W.H. Hodges as minister.

In 1904, the elders of the Christian Church in Aledo (B.F. Spain, Dr. Lacy, H.W. Middleton and V.O. Hildreth) purchased the tract of land at the SW corner of the end of Bowie Street (one block south of the RR crossing) and a meeting house was constructed there in 1906 (was recently known as the Parson’s Table).

In 1971, the present church building was built."

Reformed or Congregational Denomination: Church of Christ

Associated Website: [Web Link]

Status: Converted to other use

Address:
200 FM 1187
Aledo, TX USA
76008


Date of Construction or Event Occurrence: 1/1/1904

Architect: Not listed

Visit Instructions:





A complete sentence or two or an uploaded photo taken by the waymarker will be required in the log to confirm that the logger is participating in the hobby in good faith. Logs of only a few words like "Visited it" without an original photo are subject to deletion.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Continental Reformed and Congregational Church Sites
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.