Williamson County Courthouse - Georgetown, Texas
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 30° 38.211 W 097° 40.654
14R E 626728 N 3390102
Quick Description: This is a courthouse no longer. A new "Justice Center" was built a few blocks away and only the county commissioners hold court here.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 2/17/2020 12:10:15 PM
Waymark Code: WM123HX
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member bluesnote
Views: 4

Long Description:
The north and south sides of the courthouse are the same with the children holding the design. The east and west sides have a design in the gable ends but it isn't the one pictured here.

The courthouse was built in 1911. The gables were removed in the 1960's. In 1995 a movement to restore the gables got underway. The restoration was complete in 2001. Two of the original heads are on display inside the old courthouse.
Artist: C.H. Page and Brother - Architects

Address:
S Austin Avenue & W 8th Street / Georgetown, Texas


Web URL to relevant information: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photos of the building and a piece of art (minimum 1).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Frieze Art
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
CuteLilFuzzyMonkey visited Williamson County Courthouse - Georgetown, Texas 3/14/2020 CuteLilFuzzyMonkey visited it
Tygress visited Williamson County Courthouse - Georgetown, Texas 3/12/2020 Tygress visited it

View all visits/logs