La rue Saint-Sauveur - Saint-Malo, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 48° 38.833 W 002° 01.650
30U E 571631 N 5388696
Quick Description: [FR] La rue Saint-Sauveur doit sa dénomination à l’ancienne église du même nom. [EN] Rue Saint-Sauveur owes its name to the old church of the same name.
Location: Bretagne, France
Date Posted: 12/18/2019 7:12:22 AM
Waymark Code: WM11TP8
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 2

Long Description:

" La première église construite au début du 17e siècle pour servir de lieu de culte à l’hôtel-Dieu que l’on venait de transférer dans cette rue, commença à tomber en ruines dès 1734.

Elle fut remplacée de 1738 à 1743 par l’édifice actuel sur les plans de l’ingénieur Siméon de Garengeau (Paris, 1647 – Saint-Malo, 1741) par l’architecte de la ville Michel Marion dans le style sévère caractéristique des ingénieurs militaires.

Incendiée intérieurement en 1944, cette ancienne église fut restaurée et sert aujourd’hui de cadre à diverses manifestations publiques.

L’ancien hôtel-Dieu a été remplacé par deux îlots reconstruits après la Seconde Guerre mondiale. L’un d’entre eux, à l’angle de la rue d’Estrées et de la rampe des Moulins-Collin, porte la plaque commémorative de la pose de la première pierre de la reconstruction de la ville, le 26 janvier 1947.

Le puits à colonnettes de l’ancienne cour de l’hôtel-Dieu a été transféré devant l’hôtel André Désilles. "

Sources : Le Panneau Historique

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

"The first church built at the beginning of the 17th century to serve as a place of worship at the Hôtel-Dieu, which had just been transferred to this street, began to fall apart in 1734.

It was replaced from 1738 to 1743 by the current building on the plans of the engineer Siméon de Garengeau (Paris, 1647 - Saint-Malo, 1741) by the city architect Michel Marion in the severe style characteristic of military engineers .

Burnt down inside in 1944, this old church was restored and is now used as a setting for various public events.

The old Hôtel-Dieu was replaced by two islets rebuilt after the Second World War. One of them, at the corner of rue d'Estrées and the Moulins-Collin ramp, bears the plaque commemorating the laying of the foundation stone for the reconstruction of the city, on January 26, 1947.

The column well of the old courtyard of the Hôtel-Dieu has been transferred to the André Désilles hotel. "

Sources : The historical panel

Qui a placé ce repère historique ? / Who placed this historical marker ?:
La Mairie de Saint-Malo / Saint-Malo Town Hall


Site internet / Internet Website: [Web Link]

Date de placement / Date of establishment: Not listed

Eléments cryptés / Encrypted elements: Not listed

Conditions de visite alternatives / Alternative visit requirements: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
[FR] Une preuve de votre visite est demandée. Joignez à votre log une photo du repère historique et culturel ou répondez à la question alternative proposée par l'owner quand elle existe (si vous ne pouvez joindre de photo).
[ENG] A proof of your visit is needed. Join a picture from the historical and cultural marker to your log or respond to the alternative question proposed by owner if available (if you can't provide a picture).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Histoires de France (French historical markers)
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
pmaupin visited La rue Saint-Sauveur - Saint-Malo, France 12/13/2019 pmaupin visited it