Laws Chapel (KC-120) - Felton, DE
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe
N 38° 58.704 W 075° 30.018
18S E 456664 N 4314498
Quick Description: Laws Chapel-In 1802, Joshua Laws donated this land for the construction of a Methodist Episcopal chapel. Named in honor of Laws, the church served the local community until 1856.
Location: Delaware, United States
Date Posted: 11/12/2019 4:29:27 PM
Waymark Code: WM11MF1
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Ernmark
Views: 2

Long Description:
Laws Chapel-In 1802, Joshua Laws donated this land for the construction of a Methodist Episcopal chapel. Named in honor of Laws, the church served the local community until 1856 when a new building was constructed. Following a period of inactivity in the mid-twentieth century, the property was purchased in 1953 by Mennonites from the Greenwood area. The chapel was remodeled and enlarged in 1975. In December 2014, the interior of the church was damaged by fire. One year later, a restored Laws Chapel was dedicated on December 6, 2015.

Erected 2016 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-120.)

The marker is located at 4874 Carpenter Bridge Road, Felton DE 19943 at the intersection with Canterbury Road.
Visit Instructions:
Please include a picture of the sign with your GPS in the picture.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Delaware Historical Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.