Tarrant County Courthouse - Ft. Worth, TX
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 32° 45.433 W 097° 19.980
14S E 656158 N 3625601
Quick Description: This is the 6th courthouse for Tarrant County. It was begun in 1893 and took two years to complete.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 6/4/2019 1:50:51 PM
Waymark Code: WM10NYY
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member saopaulo1
Views: 2

Long Description:
NRHP Nomination Form 1970

"The Commissioners hired Kansas City architects Gunn and Curtis; they placed the construction contract with Probst of Chicago. Work began in 1893, and ended in 1895 with a domed Renaissance Revival building of red Texas granite. It included four floors and a basement, and closely resembled the Texas State Capitol at Austin. The main pavilion was, however, more ornate than that of the Capitol."

Artist: Not listed

Address: Not listed

Web URL to relevant information: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photos of the building and a piece of art (minimum 1).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Frieze Art
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.