Stephenson Park - 1934 - Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member vulture1957
N 35° 39.049 W 097° 28.800
14S E 637600 N 3946284
Quick Description: WPA sign for Stephenson Park South-east corner of S Littler Ave and E 4th St Edmond, OK
Location: Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 5/16/2019 10:53:07 AM
Waymark Code: WM10JK3
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member iconions
Views: 2

Long Description:
Works Progress Administration (WPA) sign for Stephenson Park. The park was originally commissioned in 1892 as South Park. Renamed in 1934 by the City Council for then City Manager Fred M. Stephenson. This 3.57 acre park features a playground, tennis court, basketball court, and grills. It is adjacent to the Edmond Historical Museum.
Year built or dedicated as indicated on the structure or plaque: 1934

Full Inscription (unless noted above):
1934
Stephenson Park
Mayor
W.A. Chitwood
Councilmen
W.M. Weaver
J.T. Stripling
E.O. McMinimy
E.E. Courtney

Health Supt
S.N. Stone
F.M. Stephenson
Clerk
J.F. Baldwin
Treasurer
W.S. Patten
Attorney
John Roaten



Website (if available): [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:


Any log as a visit to a waymark will require a picture as proof that the person visited a particular dated architectural structure. Any posted visits not containing a picture in the log will risk being being deleted.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Dated Architectural Structures Multifarious
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.