Moulin de l Hermessin - La Creche, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member sara et gege
N 46° 22.424 W 000° 17.201
30T E 708675 N 5139150
Quick Description: near the Sevre Niortaise. le long de la Sevre Niortaise.
Location: Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Date Posted: 4/3/2019 12:35:36 AM
Waymark Code: WM10ANP
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member jotheonly
Views: 3

Long Description:
one of the 15 water mills in the municipality of La Creche. It is now used as a dwelling house.


un des 15 moulins a eau de la commune de la Creche. Il sert aujourd'hui de maison d habitation.

Patrimoine la Creche : (visit link)

Poitou Charentes industrial heritage source:
History:
The wheat mill Ermessain, whose employer housing was rebuilt in 1865 for André Giraud, is the subject of a new hydraulic installation in 1913. It is then bought in 1922 by Georges Groussard who installs a basket factory . The manufacture of such poplar baskets was launched in the town by Eugène Magneron in the 1890s. Eight or nine companies share a large market in La Crèche in the 1930s. The Ermessain establishment is taken over in 1927 by Maurice Hercourt. The latter, mayor of Breloux and owner of another basket factory near the station, Ermessain creates a plywood factory in the 1940s. A large part of the buildings date from this period. The affair, which collapses fairly quickly, is bought in 1959 by the Thibault brothers, who own a butter basket factory in Grand-Moulin and create a second manufacturing unit in Ermessain. At that time, only the factories of baskets Thibault and Lambert remain in the town. The Thibault build a new housing business in the 1960s. The mill provides electricity to the company. A peeling workshop and a debitage shop were built in 1993. In 1996, the company was taken over under the name SIMER. The 1999 winter storm and a fire destroyed some of the buildings housing the sawmill. The baskets currently manufactured are still used for butter packaging, but they are also used for horticulture and confectionery. The mill was sold to an individual in 2001.
150 people work on this site in the years 1960-70. Currently, 19 employees are employed.
Description:
The old mill is made up of the manufacturing workshop and the employer housing contiguous to each other and built perpendicular to the river. They have a square floor and a roof at the top. The hollow tile roof is provided with a single rump at the end of the housing. The workshop of the 1940s is in rubble left visible with a concrete belt about 2.50 m from the ground. It is on the ground floor surmounted by a large attic in addition with wooden frame and hollow tile roof. It has been extended by a building block concrete block with metal frame and metal roof. The other buildings are all in metal pan with metal siding, metal frame and metal roof. Near the boiler room is a metal chimney.



source patrimoine industriel Poitou Charentes :
Historique :
Le moulin à blé d'Ermessain, dont le logement patronal a été reconstruit en 1865 pour André Giraud, est l'objet d'une nouvelle installation hydraulique en 1913. Il est ensuite racheté en 1922 par Georges Groussard qui y installe une fabrique de paniers. La fabrication de tels paniers en bois de peuplier avait été lancée dans la commune par Eugène Magneron dans les années 1890. Huit ou neuf entreprises se partagent un important marché à La Crèche dans les années 1930. L'établissement d'Ermessain est repris en 1927 par Maurice Hercourt. Ce dernier, maire de Breloux et propriétaire d'une autre usine de paniers près de la gare, crée à Ermessain une usine de contreplaqué dans les années 1940. Une grande partie des bâtiments date de cette période. L'affaire, qui périclite assez vite, est rachetée en 1959 par les frères Thibault, qui possèdent une fabrique de paniers à beurre au Grand-Moulin et qui créent une deuxième unité de fabrication à Ermessain. A cette époque, seules les fabriques de paniers Thibault et Lambert subsistent dans la commune. Les Thibault font bâtir un nouveau logement patronal dans les années 1960. Le moulin fournit l'électricité à l'entreprise. Un atelier de déroulage et un atelier de débitage sont construits en 1993. En 1996, l'entreprise est reprise sous la raison sociale SIMER. La tempête de l'hiver 1999 et un incendie ont entraîné la ruine de la partie des bâtiments abritant la scierie. Les paniers fabriqués actuellement sont encore utilisés pour le conditionnement du beurre, mais ils sont également destinés à l'horticulture et à la confiserie. Le moulin a été vendu à un particulier en 2001.
150 personnes travaillent sur ce site dans les années 1960-70. Actuellement, 19 salariés sont employés.
Description :
L'ancien moulin est constitué de l'atelier de fabrication et du logement patronal contigus l'un à l'autre et bâtis perpendiculairement à la rivière. Ils sont dotés d'un étage carré et d'un comble à surcroît. Le toit en tuile creuse est pourvu d'une seule croupe à l'extrémité du logement. L'atelier des années 1940 est en moellon laissé apparent avec une ceinture en béton à environ 2,50 m du sol. Il est en rez-de-chaussée surmonté d'un grand comble à surcroît avec charpente en bois et toit en tuile creuse. Il a été prolongé par un corps de bâtiment en parpaing de béton avec charpente métallique et toit en métal. Les autres bâtiments sont tous en pan de métal avec bardage métallique, charpente métallique et toit en métal. Près de la chaufferie s'élève une cheminée métallique.

patrimoine industriel Poitou Charentes : (visit link)
Current Status: Ruin

Current Use: Societe industrielle

Visit Instructions:
Provide a picture of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Water Mills
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
sara et gege visited Moulin de l Hermessin - La Creche, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France 6/25/2019 sara et gege visited it