Església de la Trinitat - Tarragona, España
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 41° 07.017 E 001° 15.500
31T E 353779 N 4553201
[EN] The Trinity Church is a baroque church in Tarragona protected as a Cultural Property of Local Interest. [SP] La Iglesia de la Trinidad es una iglesia barroca de Tarragona protegida como Bien Cultural de Interés Local.
Waymark Code: WM18G0A
Location: Cataluña, Spain
Date Posted: 07/28/2023
Published By:Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 1

"Description
The church has a main nave and two side naves - one on each side of the central nave. The main entrance door is in Plaça del Rei and above it, there is a circular rose. Double-sided or gabled roof.

Of particular note is a beautiful canvas of the Sacred Heart found on an altar.

History
Conventual church built by the Augustinian Fathers in 1646 and rebuilt in 1814 by the Trinitarian Fathers. In the 13th century there was another church called "de touts les Sants" (1214) in the same place.

In the 14th century it was called "de Santa Anna" and in 1592 a convent of the order of Sant Agustí was founded.

Rebuilt in the 18th century, it was used as a party court in 1870.

Panel
Trinity Church. Church built by the Trinitarian order in 1814, on part of the former Augustinian convent. A staircase leads to the door, raised above the square. The façade mirrors the interior structure, consisting of two side naves with a gable roof, and a higher central nave, with a gable roof.
"

Sources : The Church

Photo goes Here

" Descripción
La iglesia tiene una nave principal y dos laterales -una a cada lado de la central-. La puerta principal de entrada está en la Plaza del Rey y encima, de la misma, hay un rosetón circular. Cubierta de doble vertiente oa dos aguas.

Cabe destacar una hermosa tela del sagrado Corazón que encuentra en un altar.

Historia
Iglesia conventual levantada por los Padres Agustinos en 1646 y reconstruida en 1814 por los padres Trinitarios. El siglo xiii había en el mismo lugar otra iglesia llamada "de todos los Santos" (1214).

El siglo XIV se llamaba "de Santa Ana" y en 1592 se fundó un convento de la orden de San Agustín.

Reedificada en el siglo XVIII se destinó en 1870 a juzgado de partido.

Tablero
Iglesia de la Trinidad. Iglesia construida por la orden Trinitaria en 1814, sobre parte del antiguo convento de agustinos. Una escalera conduce a la puerta, elevada sobre la plaza. La fachada refleja la estructura interior, formada por dos naves laterales con cubierta a dos aguas y una nave central más elevada, con cubierta a dos aguas.
"

Sources : Església

" Description
L'église a une nef principale et deux nefs latérales - une de chaque côté de la nef centrale. La porte d'entrée principale se trouve sur la Plaça del Rei et au-dessus, il y a une rose circulaire. Toit à double face ou à pignon.

A noter en particulier une belle toile du Sacré-Cœur retrouvée sur un autel.

Historique
Église conventuelle construite par les Pères Augustins en 1646 et reconstruite en 1814 par les Pères Trinitaires. Au XIIIe siècle, il y avait une autre église dite "de touts les Sants" (1214) au même endroit.

Au XIVe siècle, il s'appelait "de Santa Anna" et en 1592 un couvent de l'ordre de Sant Agustí fut fondé.

Reconstruite au XVIIIe siècle, elle servit de cour des fêtes en 1870.

Panneau
Eglise de la Trinité. Eglise construite par l'ordre des Trinitaires en 1814, sur une partie de l'ancien couvent des Augustins. Un escalier mène à la porte, surélevée par rapport à la place. La façade reflète la structure intérieure, composée de deux nefs latérales avec un toit à un pan, et d'une nef centrale plus élevée, avec un toit à deux pans.
"

Sources : L'Eglise

Group that erected the marker: Tarragona Town Hall

URL of a web site with more information about the history mentioned on the sign: [Web Link]

Address of where the marker is located. Approximate if necessary:
Plaza del Rey
Tarragone, Cataluña España
43003


Visit Instructions:
Take a picture of the marker, preferably including yourself or your GPSr in the photo. A very detailed description of your visit may be substituted for a photo. In any case please provide a description of your visit. A description of only "Visited" or "Saw it while on vacation" by anyone other than the person creating the waymark may be deleted by the waymark owner or the category officers.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Signs of History
Nearest Geocaches
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.