Carillon at Belfort van Sint-Truiden - Limburg / Belgium
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Iris & Harry
N 50° 48.925 E 005° 11.165
31U E 653996 N 5631576
Quick Description: 50 (other source 41) bells in the bell tower of Sint-Truiden
Location: Limburg, Belgium
Date Posted: 7/28/2016 9:29:45 AM
Waymark Code: WMRR7P
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member kbarhow
Views: 3

Long Description:
Source: (visit link)
"Sint-Truiden, Flanders: Belfry, 50 (other source 41) bells – 5.6 t"

We could not find more informations about the carillon in the www, but more infos about the belfry:

Source: (visit link)
"Het Belfort van Sint-Truiden is het historische belfort van de Belgische stad Sint-Truiden. De toren maakte oorspronkelijk deel uit van de lakenhal. Tegenwoordig is het belfort onderdeel van het stadhuis van Sint-Truiden, dat er in de 18e eeuw omheen gebouwd werd.
Het onderste deel van het belfort dateert uit de 13e eeuw, de rest uit 1608. De hallen uit 1366 vormen thans een deel van de benedenverdieping van het stadhuis, waarvan de gevels in 1754-55 vernieuwd werden door de Luikse architect Etienne Fayen.
De 18e-eeuwse vertrekken op de verdieping zijn rijk gedecoreerd met stucwerk. De reliëfs in de vestibule van 1788 zijn gesigneerd door André Vivroux uit Luik. De allegorieën op de schoorsteenmantel van de raadzaal-trouwzaal zijn olieverfschilderingen van de Maastrichts-Luikse schilder Jean-Baptiste Coclers. Op de kroonlijst staan de wapens afgebeeld van de elf ambachten van Sint-Truiden.
In 2005 werd het belfort van Sint-Truiden op de werelderfgoedlijst van de UNESCO geplaatst als onderdeel van de groepsinschrijving van 56 belforten in België en Frankrijk."

EN:
"The Belfry of Sint-Truiden is the historic belfry of the Belgian city of Sint-Truiden. The tower was originally part of the Cloth Hall. Today it is part belfry of the town hall of Sint-Truiden, that was built around it in the 18th century.
The lower part of the belfry dates from the 13th century, the rest of 1608. The halls from 1366 are now a part of the ground floor of the , whose walls were renewed in 1754-55 by the Liège architect Etienne Fayen.
The 18th-century rooms on the floor are richly decorated with stucco. The reliefs in the vestibule of 1788 signed by André Vivroux from Liege. The allegories on the mantelpiece of the council-wedding room are oil paintings of the Maastricht-Liege painter Jean-Baptiste Coclers. On the cornice are shown the arms of the eleven trades of Sint-Truiden.
2005 Sint-Truiden and the lady was on the World Heritage List of UNESCO placed as part of the group registration of 56 belfries in Belgium and France."
Location:
Grote Markt 1
Sint-Truiden, Limburg Belgien
3800


Number of bells: 50

Structure: Tower at the market in the middle of the city

Who controls the carillon?: Not listed

Schedule of regular public performances: Not listed

Year of construction: Not listed

Location web page: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
An original photograph of the carillon is required. One of you and your crew doing your very best imitation of Quasimodo and/or Esmeralda will be most appreciated.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Carillon
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
STLbells wrote comment for Carillon at Belfort van Sint-Truiden - Limburg / Belgium 6/29/2020 STLbells wrote comment for it