Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Paix - Padraye, Belgique
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member geotrouvtou59
N 50° 43.800 E 003° 41.850
31U E 549226 N 5620032
Quick Description: FR - Cette chapelle , longtemps négligée a été réaménagée. EN - This chapel, long neglected has been redeveloped.
Location: Hainaut, Belgium
Date Posted: 6/10/2021 11:09:46 PM
Waymark Code: WM14CG8
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
Views: 0

Long Description:
FR

Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Paix

Cette chapelle , longtemps négligée a été réaménagée

il y a une trentaine d'années. Elle comporte une abside à 3 pans. On pouvait y voir une armoire à deux portes en chêne de la 2ème moitié du XVIIIe siècle, une couronne de lumière et porte-cierge gothique en fer forgé de la fin du Xve – début du XVIe siècle, une statue d'un saint assis dit Abraham gothique en chêne teinté de la fin du XVIIIe siècle et une statue de la vierge de l'immaculée Conception en bois polychromé du milieu du XIXe siècle. Le retable baroque a disparu depuis un certain temps. Un chapiteau en bois a été retrouvé dans la ferme voisine et est conservé au musée de Renaix. Un beau saint Job en Chêne, qui avait été transformé en XVIIIe siècle en Abraham avec les âmes des justes dans son giron, semble se trouver maintenant dans la sacristie de la collégiale de Leuze. L'ancienne table d'autel a été heureusement relevée et réutilisée. Il n'en a pas été de même pour le banc de communion.

Un arrêté royal du 9 octobre 1980 classe comme monument la chapelle Notre-Dame de la Paix, comme site l'ensemble formé par cet édifice et ses abords.

Cette construction en grès yprésien, situé non loin d'un ruisseau est percée d'une fenêtre de style gothique, pourrait remonter au XVIe siècle et avoir une origine encore plus ancienne. D'après les recherches de Monsieur le Vicaire Froyman, elle fut élevée en 1643 par Nicaise Groote pour demande la Paix. De nombreux pèlerinages y furent organisés pendant les années terribles 1914-1918; Suite à des remaniements, le pignon occidental, pertinemment reconstruit en briques, a été percé d'un oculus et surmonté d'un clocheton. Les ancres en fer forgé qui y ont été placées forment le millésime de 1672. Un arrêté royal du 9 octobre 1980 classe comme monument la chapelle Notre-dame de la Paix, et comme site l'ensemble formé par cet édifice et ses abords.

EN

Chapel of Our Lady of Peace

This chapel, long neglected has been redeveloped

about thirty years ago. It has a 3-sided apse. We could see there a two-door oak cabinet from the 2nd half of the 18th century, a crown of light and Gothic wrought iron candle holder from the end of the 15th - beginning of the 16th century, a statue of a seated saint says Gothic Abraham in stained oak from the end of the 18th century and a statue of the Virgin of the Immaculate Conception in polychrome wood from the mid-19th century. The Baroque altarpiece has been missing for some time. A wooden marquee was found in the neighboring farm and is kept at the Ronse Museum. A handsome saint Job in Oak, who had been transformed in the 18th century into Abraham with the souls of the righteous in his lap, now seems to be in the sacristy of the collegiate church of Leuze. Fortunately, the old altar table was raised and reused. It was not the same for the communion bench.

A royal decree of October 9, 1980 classifies the Notre-Dame de la Paix chapel as a monument, as a site the ensemble formed by this building and its surroundings.

This Ypresian sandstone construction, located not far from a stream is pierced by a Gothic-style window, could date back to the 16th century and have an even older origin. According to the research of Mr. Vicar Froyman, she was raised in 1643 by Nicaise Groote to ask for Peace. Many pilgrimages were organized there during the terrible years 1914-1918; Following alterations, the western gable, appropriately rebuilt in brick, was pierced with an oculus and surmounted by a steeple. The wrought iron anchors that were placed there form the vintage of 1672. A royal decree of October 9, 1980 classifies the Notre-Dame de la Paix chapel as a monument, and as a site the ensemble formed by this building and its surroundings.

Source
Adresse/Adres/Adresses/Address:
11 Padraue
Padraye 11, 7890 , Belgique
Ellezelles, Hainaut Belgium
7890


Année de construction/Bouwjaar/Baujahr/Year of construction: 1643

Date d'arrêté/ Datum van het Besluit/ Datum der Unterschutzstellung/ Date of protection: 09/10/1980

Numéro de dossier/Dossiernummer/Dateinummer/File number: 51017-CLT-0008-01

URL: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
[ENG]
Take one or more personally-obtained photos of the monument, or a very detailed description of your visit may be substituted for a photo.
[FR]
Prenez une ou plusieurs photos personnelles du monument, ou une description très détaillée de votre visite peut se substituer à une photo.
[NL]
Neem een of meer persoonlijk verkregen foto's van het monument, of een zeer gedetailleerde beschrijving van uw bezoek kan in de plaats komen van een foto.
[DE]
Mach ein oder mehreren persönliches Bilden von dem Monument, oder eine sehr detaillierte Beschreibung Ihres Besuchs kann ein Foto ersetzen.

 

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Belgium Monument Registers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
geotrouvtou59 visited Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Paix - Padraye, Belgique 6/6/2021 geotrouvtou59 visited it