Alten Friedhof, Mühlenstraße - Brühl, NRW, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member FamilieFrohne
N 50° 49.769 E 006° 54.130
32U E 352263 N 5632959
Quick Description: DE: Lions Club Tafel für den Alten Friedhof an der Mühlenstraße in Brühl. EN: Lions Club marker for the old cemetery at Mühlenstrasse in Brühl.
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 11/26/2020 1:04:37 PM
Waymark Code: WM13EZF
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.
Views: 4

Long Description:

DE: Im Rahmen der Aktion "Gebäude erzählen Geschichte" hat der Lions Club in Brühl in Zusammenarbeit mit der Stadt Brühl Anfang 2011 fast dreissig Tafeln mit Hintergrundinformationen zur Geschichte der Gebäude gestiftet. Diese graue Tafel mit weißer Schrift befindet sich am Alten Friedhof in der Mühlenstraße und trägt folgenden Text

"Der älteste Friedhof lag einst rund um die Pfarrkirche. 1794 wurde dort die barocke Kreuzigungsgruppe aufgestellt, die Kurfürst Clemens August einst vor einer Kapelle auf dem Schnorrenberg hatte errichten lassen.
1827 wurde der Friedhof auf Kosten der Zivilgemeinde aus hygienischen Gründen “außerhalb” der Stadt verlegt. Auch die Kreuzigungsgruppe kam auf den “neuen” Friedhof.
Bis 1911 trugen die Brühler hier ihre Toten zu Grabe; einige Grabsteine erinnern noch heute an bedeutende Persönlichkeiten aus dem 19. Jh. Dann war dieser Friedhof zu klein, so dass nur noch Erbbegräbnisse (bis 1949) gestattet wurden. 1974 wurde er in einen Park umgewandelt.

Gestiftet vom Lions Club Brühl"


EN: As part of the "Buildings tell a story" campaign, the Lions Club in Brühl, in cooperation with the city of Brühl, donated almost thirty boards with background information on the history of the buildings in early 2011. This gray board with white writing is located at the old cemetery in Mühlenstraße and has the following text

"The oldest cemetery was once around the parish church. In 1794 the baroque crucifixion group was erected there, which Elector Clemens August once had built in front of a chapel on the Schnorrenberg.
In 1827 the cemetery was expanded at the expense of the civil parish. The crucifixion group was moved to the “new” cemetery for hygienic reasons.
The people of Brühl buried their dead here until 1911, and some tombstones still remember important personalities from the 19th century. In 1911 this cemetery was too small, so that only hereditary burials were allowed (until 1949). In 1974 it was converted into a park.

Donated by the Lions Club Brühl"

Street Address (if known):
Mühlenstraße 61-63
Brühl, NRW Germany
50321


Condition?: Very good

Visit Instructions:
1) Please provide a photo you have taken of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

2) If known, please indicate the operating Lions Club responsible for the placement of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

3) Any other information regarding your visit would be greatly appreciated.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Lions Clubs International Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
Seebär777 visited Alten Friedhof, Mühlenstraße - Brühl, NRW, Germany 3/1/2021 Seebär777 visited it