Pulpit - St Mary - Ashley, Northamptonshire, UK
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member SMacB
N 52° 30.677 W 000° 49.867
30U E 647183 N 5820118
Quick Description: Pulpit in St Mary's church, Ashley.
Location: East Midlands, United Kingdom
Date Posted: 9/13/2020 3:02:16 AM
Waymark Code: WM134DB
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
Views: 1

Long Description:
St Mary's church Ashley is a 13th medieval ironstone and limestone church.

The main body of the church was completely restored and refurnished under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1864 and 1866, to conform with the principles laid down by the Cambridge Camden Society.

Revd Richard Pulteney refurnished the church with oak pews decorated with delicate foliate carvings, and the oak pulpit - all hand-carved.
The hexagonal pulpit stands on a stone base. The lower lier of panels are decorated with foliate designs and the Alpha Omega and IHS monograms.
The second tier has open carvings in the form of columns with tricusped ogee plate tracery.
Times available for viewing: Daytime hours

Entrance fee (if applicable), local currency: 0

Approximate age of artefact (Year): Not listed

Relevant website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:

Please supply an original picture when visiting this waymark, and write something about your visit.
 

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Wooden Church Artefacts
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.