Les Vitraux de l'Église Saint-Pierre - Saint-Père-Marc-en-Poulet, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 48° 35.271 W 001° 55.457
30U E 579327 N 5382199
Quick Description: [EN] The Saint-Pierre church has a stained glass window with fragments from the 14th century. [FR] L'église Saint-Pierre possède un vitrail comportant des fragments du XIVe siècle.
Location: Bretagne, France
Date Posted: 12/21/2019 8:27:36 AM
Waymark Code: WM11V6B
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 2

Long Description:

"The old church dates from the 15th century, it consisted of a nave with a straight bedside and a transept partly raised between 1700 and 1726. The north chapel, of the lords of Saint-Père, was separated from the choir by a arcade The dilapidation of this church led to its reconstruction.

The foundation stone of the current church was laid on December 8, 1901 and the blessing ceremony took place on October 16, 1904. This new church was built, by contractor Turbin and site manager Martin, on the plans of the architect Arthur Regnault for the sum of 62,405.26 francs.

In 1903, due to the opportunity of the work in progress, a new spire was designed by the same architect for a value of 10,900 francs. Arthur Regnault also designed part of the furniture.

Remaining elements of the old church: glass roof and commemorative inscription of the 15th century: "The year one thousand four hundred and twenty after XIIII iour prins of April after Pasques this church was dedicated". Classified as a historic monument as an object, reassembled by the master glassmaker Charles Lorin de Chartres in the 1920s.

Some elements of the primitive canopy - mainly characters from the Last Judgment - were reassembled in 1924 in the bay that previously hosted it, itself rebuilt in the southwest corner of the new church. This reassembly is the work of the Chartrain glassmaker Charles Lorin who completes the canopy by reproducing the scenes in a neo-Gothic style on a background of damask inspired by those of the canopies of Bourges cathedral. The coat of arms seems to have been returned with some errors (errors in the enamels, inversions between the left and central lancets). The old panels were removed between 1957 and the end of the 1970s and reassembled by the glassmaker's workshop Sainte Marie. "

Sources : The Church .

Sources : The Stained Glass Windows .

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

" L'ancienne église datait du 15e siècle, elle était composée d'une nef à chevet droit et d'un transept relevés en partie entre 1700 et 1726. La chapelle nord, des seigneurs de Saint-Père, était séparée du choeur par une arcade. La vétusté de cette église a entraîné sa reconstruction.

La première pierre de l'église actuelle fut posée le 8 décembre 1901 et la cérémonie de bénédiction eut lieu le 16 octobre 1904. Cette nouvelle église a été construite, par l'entrepreneur Turbin et le conducteur de travaux Martin, sur les plans de l'architecte Arthur Regnault pour la somme de 62 405,26 francs.

En 1903, par l'opportunité des travaux en cours, une nouvelle flèche fut conçue par le même architecte pour une valeur de 10 900 francs. Arthur Regnault dessina également une partie du mobilier.

Eléments subsistants de l'ancienne église : verrière et inscription commémorative du 15e siècle : "L'an mil quatre cens un vingts après XIIII iour prins d'apvril apres Pasques ceste esglise fut dediee". classé monument historique en tant qu'objet, remontés par le maître verrier Charles Lorin de Chartres dans les années 1920.

Quelques éléments de la verrière primitive - essentiellement des personnages du Jugement dernier - ont été remontés en 1924 dans la baie qui l'accueillait précédemment, elle-même reconstruite dans l'angle sud-ouest de la nouvelle église. Ce remontage est l'oeuvre du verrier chartrain Charles Lorin qui complète la verrière en reproduisant les scènes dans un style néo-gothique sur fonds de damas inspirés de ceux des verrières de la cathédrale de Bourges. Les armoiries semblent avoir été rendues avec quelques erreurs (erreurs dans les émaux, inversions entre les lancettes gauche et centrale). Les panneaux anciens ont été déposés entre 1957 et la fin des années 1970 et remontés par l´atelier du verrier Sainte Marie. "

Sources : L’église

Sources : Les Vitraux

Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
Rue Jean Monnet
Saint-Père-Marc-en-Poulet, Ille-et-Vilaine France
35430


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: 7/7

Hours of Operation: From: 9:00 AM To: 6:00 PM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
pmaupin visited Les Vitraux de l'Église Saint-Pierre - Saint-Père-Marc-en-Poulet, France 12/13/2019 pmaupin visited it