La rue Boursaint - Saint-Malo, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 48° 38.917 W 002° 01.500
30U E 571813 N 5388853
Quick Description: [FR] Cette rue était autrefois connue sous les noms de rue Saint Buc et de rue Saint-Christophe, patron des portefaix, c'est-à-dire des dockers et débardeurs. [EN] This street was formerly known by the names of rue Saint Buc and rue Saint-Christophe, patron saint of porters, that is to say, dockers and longshoremen.
Location: Bretagne, France
Date Posted: 12/17/2019 11:27:19 AM
Waymark Code: WM11TK3
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 2

Long Description:

" Le nom de Pierre Louis Boursaint (Saintt-Malo, 1781 – St-Germain-en-Laye, 1833), commissaire principal de la Marine, Directeur de la caisse des invalides de la Marine lui a été donné en 1839.

L’incendie de 1661 qui détruisit 287 maisons en une nuit, s’arrêta dans cette rue à une maison qui faisait face à une ancienne auberge dénommée La Place Royale ou Les Trois Rois.

Le numéro 1 de cette rue a retrouvé en 2005 sa façade de bois vitrée. Sa porte d’entrée située au n° 9, rue des Petits-Degrés, est datée de 1641.

Le numéro 2 (inscrit à l’Inventaire supplémentaire des Monuments historiques) est assez caractéristique des maisons qui furent rebâties après le premier incendie de 1661.

Sa façade en pierre de taille forme une petite avancée vers la rue. Des moulures soulignent les appuis de fenêtres et séparent les étages.

Au dernier étage, les lucarnes à frontons cintrés reprennent un modèle très répandu à Saint-Malo au 17e siècle. "

Sources : Le Panneau Historique

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

"The name of Pierre Louis Boursaint (Saintt-Malo, 1781 - St-Germain-en-Laye, 1833), chief commissioner of the Navy, Director of the invalids' fund of the Navy was given to him in 1839.

The fire of 1661 which destroyed 287 houses in one night, stopped on this street at a house which faced an old inn called La Place Royale or Les Trois Rois.

The number 1 of this street found in 2005 its glazed wooden facade. Its front door located at 9, rue des Petits-Degrés, is dated 1641.

Number 2 (listed in the Supplementary Inventory of Historic Monuments) is fairly characteristic of the houses that were rebuilt after the first fire in 1661.

Its ashlar facade forms a small projection towards the street. Moldings underline the window sills and separate the floors.

On the top floor, the dormers with curved pediments take up a very widespread model in Saint-Malo in the 17th century. "

Sources : The historical panel

Qui a placé ce repère historique ? / Who placed this historical marker ?:
La Mairie de Saint-Malo / Saint-Malo Town Hall


Site internet / Internet Website: [Web Link]

Date de placement / Date of establishment: Not listed

Eléments cryptés / Encrypted elements: Not listed

Conditions de visite alternatives / Alternative visit requirements: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
[FR] Une preuve de votre visite est demandée. Joignez à votre log une photo du repère historique et culturel ou répondez à la question alternative proposée par l'owner quand elle existe (si vous ne pouvez joindre de photo).
[ENG] A proof of your visit is needed. Join a picture from the historical and cultural marker to your log or respond to the alternative question proposed by owner if available (if you can't provide a picture).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Histoires de France (French historical markers)
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
pmaupin visited La rue Boursaint - Saint-Malo, France 12/13/2019 pmaupin visited it