By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Bell tower Evang. Kirche Mendig, RP, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kaschper69
N 50┬░ 22.513 E 007┬░ 16.917
32U E 377836 N 5581761
Quick Description: Protestant Church with a bell Tower in Niedermendig.
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 11/29/2018 3:44:41 AM
Waymark Code: WMZM53
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member rjmcdonough1
Views: 2

Long Description:
[DE] "Die Geschichte der evangelischen Christen in Mendig begann erst relativ spät, 1828 waren es erst zwei. Das 19. Jahrhundert war die Blütezeit der Brauereien Mendigs, mit deren Arbeitern auch zunehmend evangelische Christen nach Niedermendig kamen.
Besonders viele Mitarbeiter der Brauerei der Herrnhuther Brüdergemeinde, ursprünglich aus Neuwied stammend, waren evangelisch. Für ihre stetig steigende Zahl hielt der damalige evangelische Pfarrer von Mayen ab etwa 1857 monatlich an einem Sonntagnachmittag den Gottesdienst in der Wohnung eines Braumeisters ab. Als die Brauerei 1862 ein neues Brauereigebäude baute, wurde auf Anregung von Pfarrer Bechtel auch ein Raum für die Gottesdienste mit eingebaut, in welchem bis zum Mai 1892 jeweils alle 14 Tage am Sonntagnachmittag vom evangelischen Pfarrer aus Mayen Gottesdienst gehalten wurde.

Der Zuzug vieler Brauereiangestellten evangelischen Glaubens um die Mitte des 19. Jahrhunderts herum erforderte um 1850 den Bau der Kirche in der Heidenstockstrasse durch den Niedermendiger Baumeister Laubenthal. Es entstand ein bemerkenswert schönes in Niedermendiger Basalt ausgeführtes Gebäude.

Mit der Urkunde vom 16. / 25. September 1893 erfolgte dann die Gründung der evangelischen Kirchengemeinde Niedermendig, die sich allerdings immer noch eine Pfarrstelle mit der evangelischen Kirchengemeinde Mayen teilen musste.
Erst im Sommer 1961 wurde die Bindung an die Mayener Kirchengemeinde aufgehoben und am 24.September 1961 wurde Pfarrer Hermann Dungs als Pfarrer der Evangelischen. Kirchengemeinde Niedermendig in sein Amt eingeführt.
1974 wurde das Gemeindehaus gebaut und feierlich eingeweiht.
Als Weihnachten 1976 Pfarrer H. Dungs plötzlich im Alter von nur 46 Jahren stirbt, bleibt die Pfarrstelle über ein Jahr vakant.
Am 1. April 1978 übernimmt Pfarrer Manfred Drumm die Vakanz. Mit Unterstützung des Presbyteriums - insbesondere der langjährigen Kirchmeisterin Frau Melitta Andrijaitis – wurde durch ihn die Ausrichtung der Evangelischen Kirchengemeinde Mendig entscheidend geprägt.
Als Pfarrer Manfred Drumm im Jahre 2006 in den Ruhestand geht, tritt Pfarrer Martin Lipsch das Amt an.

Seit dem 01.06.2012 ist Pfarrer André Beetschen bei der Evangelischen Kirchengemeinde Mendig."

[EN] "The history of protestant Christians in Mendig started relatively late, in 1828 there were only two. The 19th century was the heyday of breweries Mendigs, increasingly evangelical Christians arrived with their workers after Niedermendig.
Especially many employees of the brewery of Mr Huther Brethren, originally from Neuwied, were Protestant. For their growing number of former Lutheran pastor from Mayen held about 1857 a month on a Sunday afternoon worship in the home of a master brewer from. As the brewery in 1862 a new brewery building built, also a space for worship services was built at the suggestion of Rev. Bechtel, in which each every 14 days was held by evangelical pastor from Mayen service on Sunday afternoon until May 1892nd

The influx of many brewery employees evangelical faith to the mid-19th century around 1850 required the construction of the church in the Heidestock road through the low Mendiger Baumeister Laubenthal. It was a remarkably beautiful exported in Lower Mendiger Basalt building.

With the act of 16/25 September 1893 then saw the establishment of the protestant church Niedermendig which however still had to share a pastor with the Protestant church Mayen.
Only in the summer of 1961 binding to the Mayener parish was abolished and Pastor Hermann Dungs was on 24 September 1961 as pastor of the Evangelical. Parish Niedermendig introduced in his office.
In 1974 the town hall was built and inaugurated.
As Christmas 1976 Pastor H. manure suddenly dies at the age of only 46 years, the parish remains vacant for over a year.
On April 1, 1978 assumes pastor Manfred Drumm the vacancy. With the support of the presbytery - in particular the longstanding champion Kirch wife Melitta Andrijaitis - the alignment of the Evangelical Church of Mendig was significantly influenced by him.
As pastor Manfred Drumm in 2006 retires, Rev. Martin Lipsch takes office.

Since 01.06.2012 Pastor André Beetschen is at the Evangelical Church of Mendig."

(visit link)
Address of Tower:
Heidenstockstra├če 45
Mendig,
56743


Still Operational: yes

Rate tower:

Number of bells in tower?: Not Listed

Relevant website?: Not listed

Tours or visits allowed in tower?: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Please post an original picture of the tower taken while you were there. Please also record how you came to be at this tower and any other interesting information you learned about it while there.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Bell Towers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
Brigthy visited Bell tower Evang. Kirche Mendig, RP, Germany 8/11/2019 Brigthy visited it