Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Lubentius in Kell - RLP - Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member CADS11
N 50° 26.936 E 007° 18.484
32U E 379879 N 5589915
Quick Description: Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Lubentius in Andernach Kell
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 11/16/2018 1:02:59 PM
Waymark Code: WMZHXY
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member TheBeanTeam
Views: 2

Long Description:
DE:
Anfänge
Erstmalig erwähnt wird eine Kirche in Kell und der ortsansässige Pfarrer in einer Urkunde vom 29. Januar 1330.

Neubau
Eine neue Kirche wurde im Jahre 1744/45 gebaut, deren geringe Größe aber bereits einige Jahre später kritisiert wurde. Geweiht war die Kirche ursprünglich dem für seine Missionstätigkeit an Mosel und Lahn verehrten Heiligen Lubentius (um 300 - um 370), seit 1802 aber auch Maria als Mater Dolorosa (der schmerzhaften Mutter Gottes), was auf die Übernahme des Gnadenbildes (Pietà) aus dem ehemaligen Karmeliterkloster St. Antonius zurückzuführen ist.
Die Pietà wurde ein beliebtes Ziel von Pilgern, die nun nicht mehr nach Tönisstein, sondern nach Kell kamen. Hierdurch entwickelte sich die Kirche zu einem wichtigen Wirtschaftszweig, da die zahlreichen Besucher zum einen Unterkünfte und zum anderen Verpflegung beanspruchten.

Ausbau
Die weiter ansteigende Zahl der Pilger und die Entwicklung Kells zu einem Wallfahrtsort führten zu einer dauerhaften Überlastung, weshalb 1868 sogar das Bistum Trier die Dorfbewohner bat, die Kirche zu erweitern. Aufgrund der schlechten finanziellen Lage begannen die Bauarbeiten erst im Jahre 1902.
Die neugotische Kirche wurde im rechten Winkel zu dem barocken Vorgängerbau erbaut, wobei der alte romanische Turm und die Chorapsis des Barockbaus von 1744 erhalten blieben. Die fertiggestellte Kirche wurde am 12.06.1905 von Bischof Michael Felix Korum eingeweiht. Der Hauptaltar bildet Motive aus dem „Glorreichen Rosenkranz“ bzw. dem Marienleben ab. Die Seitenaltäre zeigen Ausschnitte aus dem Marienleben, u.a. Mutter Anna Selbdritt, und aus dem Leben des heiligen Josef.

20. Jahrhundert
Nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg wurde eine vor der Kirche stehende Pietà restauriert. An die Wände dieser Gedächtniskapelle wurden die 68 Namen der Gefallenen des Ersten und Zweiten Weltkrieges geschrieben. Darüber hinaus befindet sich vor dem Pfarrhaus ein Gedenkstein mit der Aufschrift:
„Unseren Toten 1914-1918 / 1939-1945“

(Christian Maier, Universität Koblenz-Landau, 2014)
Aus: (visit link)

EN:
beginnings
For the first time, a church in Kell and the local pastor are mentioned in a document dated January 29, 1330.

new
A new church was built in 1744/45, but its small size was criticized several years later. The church was originally dedicated to St. Lubentius, revered for his missionary work on the Moselle and Lahn (around 300 - around 370), but since 1802 also to Mary as Mater Dolorosa (the painful Mother of God), referring to the adoption of the image of grace (Pietà) from the former Carmelite monastery of St. Anthony is attributed.
The Pietà became a popular destination for pilgrims who no longer came to Tönisstein but to Kell. As a result, the church developed into an important economic sector, as the numerous visitors claimed on the one hand accommodation and other catering.

expansion
The increasing number of pilgrims and the development of Kells into a place of pilgrimage led to a permanent overload, which is why in 1868 even the diocese of Trier asked the villagers to expand the church. Due to the poor financial situation, the construction work began in 1902.
The neo-gothic church was built at right angles to the baroque predecessor, preserving the old Romanesque tower and choir apse of the baroque building of 1744. The finished church was consecrated on June 12, 1905 by Bishop Michael Felix Korum. The main altar depicts motifs from the "Glorious Rosary" or the life of Mary. The side altars show excerpts from the Marienleben, u.a. Mother Anna Selbdritt, and from the life of St. Joseph.

20th century
After the Second World War, a standing in front of the church Pietà was restored. On the walls of this memorial chapel were written the 68 names of the fallen of the First and Second World War. In addition, in front of the rectory, there is a memorial stone with the inscription:
"Our dead 1914-1918 / 1939-1945"
Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
Zum Eichenhain, Andernach-Kell, RLP, Germany


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: daily

Hours of Operation: From: 8:00 AM To: 6:00 PM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
CADS11 visited Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Lubentius in Kell - RLP - Germany 11/16/2018 CADS11 visited it
kaschper69 visited Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Lubentius in Kell - RLP - Germany 5/4/2018 kaschper69 visited it

View all visits/logs