Haus Fühlingen - Köln, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Narayan,
N 51° 01.879 E 006° 54.361
32U E 353171 N 5655393
Quick Description: DE: Anwesen am Fühlinger See, um das sich einige Spukgeschichten ranken. EN: Mansion at the lake Fühlinger See, from which a couple of ghost stories are told.
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 5/11/2018 1:22:46 PM
Waymark Code: WMY8T4
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member fi67
Views: 6

Long Description:
Das heutige "Haus Fühlingen" stammt aus dem Jahre 1884 und wurde von Eduard Freiherr von Oppenheim als Gutshaus gebaut. Der heute direkt nebenan liegende Fühlinger See existierte damals noch nicht und die Landschaft war durch Heide geprägt, die Oppenheim für Pferderennen und die Pferdezucht nutzen wollte. So baute er zusammen mit dem Gutshaus ein Gestüt und eine Pferderennbahn. Doch bereits 1907 verkaufte Oppenheim das Anwesen wieder, weil er feststellen musste, dass das Gelände für Pferde ungeignet war.

Der Spuk im Haus Fühlingen nimmt seinen Anfang am 15. Januar 1943. Das Haus wurde damals als Schlafplatz für Zwangsarbeiter der Nazi-Herrschaft genutzt. Einer von ihnen, Edward Margol aus Polen, wird an diesem Tag unweit des Hauses von der Gestapo erhängt, weil er zu Unrecht verdächtigt wird, eine Affäre mit der minderjährigen Tochter des Gutshausbesitzers gehabt zu haben. Seitdem - so erzählt man sich - irrt Edwards Geist über das Anwesen auf der Suche nach seiner Liebe.

In den folgenden Jahren werden mehrere unerklärliche Todesfälle im Haus und auf dem Anwesen mit Edwards Geist sowie derer von weiteren Kriegsgefangenen in Verbindung gebracht: Ein Toter wird im Hühnerstall nach der Befreiung der Zwagsarbeiter gefunden. Silvester 1962 erhängt sich der Besitzer des Hauses, ein Richter, im zweiten Stock des Hauses. Am 8. April 2007 wird ein ebenfalls erhängter Anwohner an exakt der selben Stelle wie der Richter gefunden.

1967 werden Teile des Anwesens durch die Stadt Köln abgerissen. Seitdem gilt das Haus als unbewohnt, obwohl offenbar bis zum Jahr 2000 noch die Witwe des Richters hier lebte. Seit ihrem natürlichen Tod ist das zunehmend verfallende Haus zu einem beliebten Ziel für Hobby-Geisterjäger geworden: Auf diversen Internetportalen für Geister und Paranormales dokumentieren sie ihre Besuche des Anwesens. Sie berichten dabei über beklemmende Gefühle, Anwesenheit einer Präsenz und unerklärliche Details auf geschossenen Fotos.

Seit 1980 steht das Gutshaus unter Denkmalschutz. Seit 2008 tauchen immer mal wieder Berichte auf, dass das Haus renoviert, umgebaut und verkauft werden soll. Außer dem Schild eines Maklers an der Landstraße ist bis heute aber keine Veränderung zu sehen.
Today's "Haus Fühlingen" dates back to 1884 and was built by Eduard Freiherr von Oppenheim as a farm house. At that time, the lake Fühlinger See, which is located directly next door, did not exist and the landscape was dominated by heathland, which Oppenheim wanted to use for horse racing and horse breeding. So he built together with the manor a stallion and a racecourse. But already in 1907 Oppenheim sold the property again, because he had to realize that the area was unsuitable for horses.

The spook in Haus Fühlingen begins on 15 January 1943. The house was then used as a place to sleep for forced laborers of the Nazi regime. One of them, Edward Margol from Poland, is hanged by the Gestapo not far from the house on that day because he is unjustly suspected of having an affair with the estate owner's underage daughter. Since then, it is said, Edward's ghost wanders over the estate in search of his love.

In the following years, several unexplained deaths in the house and on the property are associated with Edward's ghost and those of other prisoners of war: A dead man is found in the henhouse after the liberation of the workers. New Year's Eve 1962 the owner of the house, a judge, hangs himself on the second floor of the house. On April 8, 2007, a similarly hanged resident is found in exactly the same location as the judge.

In 1967 parts of the estate were demolished by the city of Cologne. Since then, the house is considered uninhabited, although apparently until the year 2000, the widow of the judge lived here. Since her natural death, the increasingly decaying house has become a popular destination for amateur ghost hunters: On various Internet portals for ghosts and paranormal activities they document their visits to the estate. They report on oppressive feelings, presences and inexplicable details on taken photos.

Since 1980, the manor is a listed building. Since 2008, reports have been appearing repeatedly that the house should be renovated, rebuilt and sold. However, apart from the sign of a broker on the road, there is no change noticable to this day.
More Information / Weblinks koeln.de
lost-place.org
geisterportal.com
LVR / KuLaDig
Crosslinks This waymark is also listed as:
WMY6E8 | Ghosts and Hauntings
Adresse/Adress:
Neusser Landstraße 5
Köln, Germany
50769


Baujahr/Year of construction: 1884

Denkmalnummer/monument number: 506 (Untere Denkmalbehörde Köln)

Bestätigung/confirmation:

Ja/Yes


Visit Instructions:
Ein selbstgemachtes Foto des Denkmals wird zum Loggen benötigt.
---
A picture taken during your visit is required.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Deutsche Denkmallisten - German Monument Registers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
FamilieFrohne visited Haus Fühlingen - Köln, Germany 12/6/2020 FamilieFrohne visited it