By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique - Montmorillon, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 46° 25.587 E 000° 52.130
31T E 336252 N 5143637
Quick Description: [EN] Protestant Evangelical Church of Montmorillon located new street near the town center of Montmorillon. [FR] Église Protestante Evangélique de Montmorillon située rue nouvelle près du centre ville de Montmorillon.
Location: Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Date Posted: 3/5/2018 11:57:16 AM
Waymark Code: WMXW2A
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member wayfrog
Views: 13

Long Description:

After being touched by the Awakening of Wales during his formation at the Bible Training Institute in Glasgow, Scotland, between 1904 and 1906, the Scottish evangelist Hugh Edward Alexander moved to his aunt in Cologny, near Geneva, August 6, 1906.

He collaborated for several years in the conventions of Ruben Saillens, but began to animate his own campaigns of evangelization first in France from 1907 and then in Switzerland from 1913.

He creates an assocaition to surround his work that begins with the name of Biblical Alliance. As early as 1914, the monthly "Le Témoin", a newspaper of the Biblical Alliance, appeared as a defense of the faith. Throughout his ministry, the Founder manifests a theological attitude unequivocally. This is clearly expressed in the face of rationalism, Pentecostalism and later neo-modernism and ecumenism.

The Biblical Action Churches are a group of Evangelical Christian churches, from the Movement of Sanctification. The Holiness Movement is an evangelical Christian movement that brings together church associations. The movement is distinguished by the importance it gives to the doctrine of "Christian perfection" derived from the teaching of John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, namely the belief that it is possible to live free from voluntary sin, and in particular the belief that it can be accomplished instantly by grace.

In 1919 he opened a French-language Bible School in Ried-sur-Bienne, and in 1925 the first bookshop at La Maison de la Bible was opened in Paris.

In 1926 the "Biblical Alliance" became "Biblical Action" and the decision was made to build a Bible School in Cologny. This school, which opens in 1928, will later become the Biblical Institute of Geneva.

Sources : The Church

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

Après avoir été touché par le Réveil du Pays de Galles lors de sa formation à l’Institut Biblique (Bible Training Institute) de Glasgow en Écosse entre 1904 et 1906, l’évangéliste écossais Hugh Edward Alexander s’installe chez sa tante à Cologny, près de Genève, le 6 août 1906.

Il collabore pendant plusieurs années aux conventions de Ruben Saillens, mais commence aussi à animer ses propres campagnes d’évangélisation d’abord en France à partir de 1907 et alors en Suisse à partir de 1913.

Il crée une assocaition pour entourer son travail qui commence par porter le nom d’Alliance Biblique. Dés 1914 paraît le mensuel « Le Témoin », journal de l’Alliance Biblique, qui s’affiche d’emblée comme un organe de défense de la foi. Tout au long de son ministère, le fondateur manifeste une attitude théologique sans la moindre équivoque. Cela s’exprime clairement face au rationalisme, au pentecôtisme et plus tard au néo-modernisme et à l’œcuménisme.

Les Églises Action Biblique sont un regroupement d'églises chrétiennes évangéliques, issu du Mouvement de sanctification. Le Mouvement de sanctification (Holiness movement en anglais) est un courant chrétien évangélique qui rassemble des associations d'églises. Le mouvement se distingue par l’importance qu’il donne à la doctrine de « perfection chrétienne » dérivée de l'enseignement de John Wesley, le fondateur du méthodisme, à savoir la croyance qu’il est possible de vivre libre du péché volontaire, et en particulier la croyance que cela peut être accompli instantanément par la grâce.

En 1919 il ouvre une École Biblique de langue française au Ried-sur-Bienne, et en 1925 la première librairie à l’enseigne de La Maison de la Bible est ouverte à Paris.

En 1926 l’« Alliance Biblique » devient « Action Biblique » et la décision est prise de construire une École Biblique à Cologny. Cette école, qui s’ouvre en 1928, deviendra par la suite l’Institut Biblique de Genève.

Sources : L’Eglise

Address:
5 Rue Nouvelle, 86500 Montmorillon France


Worship services:
Reception on Wednesday, 10 am to noon Bible study and prayer on Thursday from 8:30 pm to 10 pm Cult Sunday from 10:30 to noon L'accueil le mercredi, 10H à midi Etude biblique et prière le jeudi de 20h30 à 22h Le Culte le dimanche de 10H30 à midi


Wesleyan District: aucun des liens ci-dessus ne fonctionne

Church's web site: [Web Link]

Date building was constructed: Not listed

Date church was organized: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To visit the waymark, you must physically go to the building. If you can, take a photo of the building. If you cannot take a photo, then please describe your visit so that we can get a "mental image" of it.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Wesleyan Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
lynx36 visited Eglise Protestante Evangélique - Montmorillon, France 11/19/2018 lynx36 visited it
pmaupin visited Eglise Protestante Evangélique - Montmorillon, France 2/8/2018 pmaupin visited it

View all visits/logs