By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Bell Tower Namen-Jesu-Kirche - Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kaschper69
N 50° 44.186 E 007° 06.074
32U E 366015 N 5622235
Quick Description: Bell tower Namen-Jesu-Kirche in Bonn.
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 5/5/2017 4:09:46 AM
Waymark Code: WMVMNR
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member MountainWoods
Views: 5

Long Description:
[DE] "In der Glockenstube des Südturmes (romanische Schallfenster) befindet sich ein historischer Nadelholzglockenstuhl, der aus der Zeit der Fertigstellung der Türme stammt. Seine Unterzüge sind in die Turmmauern eingelassen. Der dreifeldrige Glockenstuhl wird seit seiner Erbauung nie eine Glocke getragen haben, da keine Aussparungen für die notwendigen Jochlager vorhanden sind.
Im Dachreiter hing ursprünglich eine kleinere Glocke, die vermutlich für das Läuten zu den Stundengebeten der Jesuiten gedient hat. Überliefert ist eine Glocke aus dem Jahre 1732 mit der Inschrift GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO MDCCXXXII, die 1733 durch den damaligen Kölner Weihbischof Franz Kaspar von Franken-Siersdorf konsekriert und 1896 umgegossen wurde. Nachzuweisen ist außerdem eine kleine Glocke („campanula“) des Kölner Gießers Johann Fuchs von 1771, die am 26. März desselben Jahres vom damaligen Rektor des Jesuitenkollegs geweiht wurde. Sie trug um die Schulter eine umlaufende Inschrift in Antiqua-Versalien, wohl zwischen zwei Zierfriesen: SOLI DEO GLORIA. IOANNES FVCHS IN COLLEN MICH GOSS ANNO 1771. Auf der vorderen Flanke war ein Immaculata-Relief angebracht mit der Umschrift: AVE MARIA GRATIA PLENA. Die gegenüberliegende Seite zierte ein Relief des Heiligsten Namen Jesu mit der Inschrift: SIT NOMEN DOMINI BENEDICTVM. Am Wolm und oberhalb der Schärfe verliefen vermutlich einige Zierstege.
Bis zum Januar 2012 hing in der Südturmlaterne die Brandglocke (auch Kehrglöckchen genannt) aus dem Jahre 1535, die heute die älteste Glocke der Bonner Altstadt ist. Sie gelangte vermutlich zusammen mit der Brandwache aus der 1806/07 abgetragenen Remigiuskirche am Römerplatz in die Namen-Jesu-Kirche. Die Glocke wurde in einer ausnehmend schweren Rippenkonstruktion gegossen, die vermutlich auf ihre Vorgängerin zurückführt. Mit einer Schlagringdicke von 60 mm auf 590 mm Durchmesser bei 155 kg wiegt sie rund dreimal so viel wie eine normalbemessene Glocke gleicher Tonhöhe. Ihr Meister wird inschriftlich nicht genannt, jedoch wird die Glocke dem ab 1536 nachweisbaren Kölner Gießer Johan von Coellen zugeschrieben. Neben vier Rundstegen am Wolm trägt die Glocke ein einzeiliges Schriftband um die Schulter, dessen unterer Rand durch einen dünnen Perlstab mit hängendem Kreuzblütenfries abgeschlossen wird. Die gotische Minuskelinschrift nennt das Gussjahr sowie den Vermerk auf eine Vorgängerglocke, aus deren Material die Brandglocke umgegossen worden sein könnte:
• renovata • anno • domini • m • ccccc • xxxv • • (Als Worttrenner dienen sechsblättrige Rosetten.)
Die Brandglocke ist seit 2012 läutbar in der Glockenstube des Südturmes aufgehängt worden.
Hinzu kamen drei neue Glocken, die den vorhandenen historischen Glockenstuhl erstmals seit seiner Errichtung mit einem Geläut bestücken. Die Glocken wurden im Oktober 2011 in der Glockengießerei Rudolf Perner zu Passau gegossen und am 1. Januar 2012, dem Tag der Namensgebung Jesu, mit den neuen Prinzipalien eingeweiht. Die neuen Glocken tragen um die Schulter zwischen Rundstegen eine Inschrift in moderner Majuskel, die unterhalb mit einem passenden Zierfries abgeschlossen wird. Damit lehnen sich die neuen Glocken an den Dekor der alten Brandglocke an. Als Worttrenner dienen unter anderem Radkreuze, die auch im Kirchinneren zu finden sind. Wolm und unterer Rand nennen Gießer, Gussjahr, Ortsbestimmung und Stifter.
Schöpferglocke: + AUS IHM UND DURCH IHN UND AUF IHN HIN / IST DIE GANZE SCHOEPFUNG + IHM SEI EHRE IN EWIGKEIT! +, darunter stilisierter Blattrankenfries
Christusglocke: + DU BIST MEIN GELIEBTER SOHN + AN DIR HABE ICH GEFALLEN GEFUNDEN +, darunter Fries mit Christusmonogramm
Heiliggeistglocke: + DER GEIST HILFT UNSERER SCHWACHHEIT AUF + DENN WIR WISSEN NICHT WORUM WIR / IN RECHTER WEISE BETEN SOLLEN + DER GEIST SELBST TRITT JEDOCH FÜR UNS EIN MIT WORTLOSEM SEUFZEN +, darunter Fries aus Doppelwelle
Das Geläut der Namen-Jesu-Kirche ist abgestimmt auf die übrigen Innenstadtgeläute, die wiederum untereinander abgestimmt sind. Die Glocken der Münsterbasililka, von St. Remigius und von Namen Jesu ergeben eine lückenlose B-Dur-Tonleiter.
Nr.
Name
Gussjahr
Gießer, Gussort
Durchmesser
(mm) Masse
(kg) Schlagton
(HT-1/16)
1 Schöpferglocke 2011 Rudolf Perner, Passau 1.198 1.235 f1 ±0
2 Christusglocke 1.073 876 g1 ±0
3 Heiliggeistglocke 981 682 a1 ±0
4 Brandglocke 1535 Johan von Coellen (zugeschr.) 590 155 a2 ±0

Dreimal täglich um 9, 12 und 19 Uhr wird mit der Heiliggeistglocke zum Engel des Herrn und kurz vor 22 Uhr zur Nachtruhe mit der Brandglocke geläutet. Dieses Läuten lässt an die Zeit erinnern, als die Türmer über Bonn Wache hielten und mit Hilfe dieser Glocke ein Signal zur schnellen Rettung setzen konnten. Das Läuten zum Tagesende ist gleichsam die „Wache über Bonn“, die so hörbar zum Ausdruck gebracht wird. Jeden Freitag um 15 Uhr zur Sterbestunde Christi am Kreuz und bei Beerdigungen wird mit der großen Glocke geläutet. Sonnabends um 19 Uhr wird zusammen mit den Glocken der Münsterbasilika und von St. Cyprian der Sonntag eingeläutet. Das Läuten zu den Gottesdiensten erfolgt je nach Kirchenjahreszeit und Gottesdienstform mit unterschiedlichen Glockenkombinationen bis hin zum Vollgeläut; an Sonn- und Festtagen gibt es noch ein Vorläuten 30 Minuten vor Beginn der Liturgie. An bestimmten Festtagen wird gebeiert."

Quelle: (visit link)

[EN] "In the bell tower of the southern tower (Romanesque sound windows) there is a historical needle-basket chair from the time of the completion of the towers, and the three-bell-shaped bell-chair has never worn a bell since it was built For the necessary yoke bearings.
In the roof of the roof hung a smaller bell, which probably served for the chanting to the Jesuits' prayers. A bell from the year 1732 is inscribed with the inscription GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO MDCCXXXII, which was consecrated in 1733 by the then Cologne archbishop Franz Kaspar of Franken-Siersdorf. There is also a small bell ("campanula") of the Cologne founder Johann Fuchs of 1771, consecrated on the 26th of March, by the rector of the Jesuit college. She wore around the shoulder a circumscribed inscription in Antiqua-Versalien, probably between two ornamental friezes: SOLI DEO GLORIA. IOANNES FVCHS IN COLLEN ME GOSS ANNO 1771. On the front flank was an Immaculata relief with the inscription: AVE MARIA GRATIA PLENA. The opposite side adorned a relief of the Sacred Name of Jesus with the inscription: SIT NOMEN DOMINI BENEDICTVM. On the Wolm and above the sharpness probably ran a few ornaments.
Until January 2012, the fire bell (also known as "sweeping bells"), which is today the oldest bell in the old part of Bonn, hung in the southern turquoise bath. It probably came together with the fire-watch from the 1806/07 removed Remigiuskirche at the Roman place in the name Jesu church. The bell was poured in an exceptionally heavy rib construction, which presumably leads back to its predecessor. With a beating ring thickness of 60 mm to 590 mm diameter at 155 kg, it weighs about three times as much as a normal-sized bell of the same pitch. Their master is not inscribed in inscription, but the bell is attributed to the Cologne founder Johan von Coellen from 1536 onwards. In addition to four round lanes at the Wolm, the bell carries a one-line booklet around its shoulder, the lower edge of which is closed by a thin bead bar with a hanging cruciferous frieze. The gothic Minuskelinschrift mentions the year of the year as well as the note on a predecessor bell, from whose material the fire bell could have been poured over:
• renovata • anno • domini • m • ccccc • xxxv • • (Six-leaf rosettes are used as word separators).
Since 2012 the fire bell has been suspended in the bell tower of the southern tower.
In addition, there were three new bells, which equipped the existing historic bell-chair with a chime for the first time since its construction. The bells were cast in Passau at the Rudolf Perner in October 2011 and inaugurated on January 1, 2012, the day of the naming of Jesus, with the new principals. The new bells carry an inscription in modern majuscules around the shoulder between round bars, which is completed below with a suitable ornamental frieze. Thus the new bells lean against the decor of the old fire bell. The word separators include wheel crosses, which can also be found in the church interior. Wolm and the lower edge are called founders, founding year, location and donor.
CREATOR CELL: + FROM HIM AND THROUGH HIM AND TO HIM / IS THE WHOLE CREATION + HIM HAVE ETERNITY IN ETERNITY! +, Including stylized leaf fries
Christglocke: + YOU ARE FOUND MY LOVED SON + I HAVE FOUND +, including Frieze with Christmonogram
Holy Spirit Bell: + THE SPIRIT OF HIS OWN WEAKNESS + WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TO PRAY INTO RIGHT WAY + THE SPIRIT IS HOWEVER FORWARD TO US WITH A WORDLESS SEVEN +, including frieze from a double wave
The chiming of the Church of the Name of Jesus is coordinated with the rest of the inner city bells, which in turn are coordinated with each other. The bells of the Munsterbasililka, St. Remigius and the name of Jesus give a complete B-major scale.
No.
 Surname
 cast year
 Founder, Gussort
 diameter
(Mm) Mass
(Kg) percussive
(HT-1/16)
1 Creator Bell 2011 Rudolf Perner, Passau 1,198 1,235 f1 ± 0
2 Christglocke 1.073 876 g1 ± 0
3 Holy Spirit Bell 981 682 a1 ± 0
4 Fire bell 1535 Johan of Coellen (classified) 590 155 a2 ± 0

Three times daily at 9, 12, and 19 o'clock, with the holy spirit bell, the Angel of the Lord and shortly before 10 pm, the night bell with the fire bell rings. This ringing reminds us of the time when the warriors kept watch over Bonn and could use this bell to signal a quick rescue. The ringing at the end of the day is, as it were, the "guard over Bonn," which is so audibly expressed. Every Friday at 15 o'clock to the death of Christ on the Cross and at funerals is rung with the big bell. On Saturday evening at 7 pm the Sunday with the bells of the Munsterbasilika and of St. Cyprian is ushered in. The ringing to the services takes place according to the church year and worship form with different bell combinations up to the Vollgeläut; On Sundays and feasts, there is a preamble 30 minutes before the beginning of the liturgy. On certain days of the feast day, it is given. "

Source: (visit link)
Address of Tower:
Bonngasse 8
Bonn,
53111


Still Operational: yes

Number of bells in tower?: 4

Relevant website?: [Web Link]

Rate tower:

Tours or visits allowed in tower?: Unknown

Visit Instructions:
Please post an original picture of the tower taken while you were there. Please also record how you came to be at this tower and any other interesting information you learned about it while there.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Bell Towers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
Kladings visited Bell Tower Namen-Jesu-Kirche - Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 10/24/2017 Kladings visited it
Maisi2 visited Bell Tower Namen-Jesu-Kirche - Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 5/16/2017 Maisi2 visited it
argus1972 visited Bell Tower Namen-Jesu-Kirche - Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 5/15/2017 argus1972 visited it
kaschper69 visited Bell Tower Namen-Jesu-Kirche - Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 5/5/2017 kaschper69 visited it
Narayan, visited Bell Tower Namen-Jesu-Kirche - Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany 11/8/2016 Narayan, visited it

View all visits/logs