Knights of Pythias Hall - Helper, UT
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member QuarrellaDeVil
N 39° 40.940 W 110° 51.289
12S E 512450 N 4392510
Quick Description: The commercial building at 330 S Main St is part of the Helper Commercial District on the National Register of Historic Places, and at one time, was home to the local Knights of Pythias. Today, it is vacant, but is not derelict.
Location: Utah, United States
Date Posted: 4/10/2017 2:39:35 PM
Waymark Code: WMVF4W
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member The Wild Road
Views: 0

Long Description:
The National Register's nomination form notes that this two story stucco brick building was constructed in 1918, and it was purchased in 1920 by the Knights of Pythias, for use as a meeting hall upstairs. In 1935 R.L. Rogers operated an auto top and body shop in the first floor. The entire front facade has been modified.

The Knights of Pythias Onward Lodge No. 15 was using the second floor of the building at the time that the nomination form was completed (1979), but there is no indication today that they are still meeting there. Email to the Utah Knights of Pythias is bounced, and there is a "For sale" sign on the door. While the paint is peeling, the Knights of Pythias mural is still very legible on the side of the building, noting that "Emil's Tavern Hall" was here at some point.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Knights of Pythias
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.