Evangelical Lutheran hospital church, Regensburg - Bavaria / Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Iris & Harry
N 49° 00.979 E 012° 05.653
33U E 287545 N 5433337
Quick Description: Evangelical Lutheran hospital church and former brother house church St. Ignaz.
Location: Bayern, Germany
Date Posted: 1/2/2017 3:49:30 AM
Waymark Code: WMTR67
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member lumbricus
Views: 2

Long Description:
Source: (visit link) :
"Die denkmalgeschützte ehemalige Bruderhauskirche St. Ignaz und heutige evangelische Krankenhauskirche befindet sich am Emmeramsplatz 12 in der Altstadt von Regensburg.
Der Patron der Bruderhauskirche ist der Heilige Ignatius von Antiochien
Die Kirche hat ihren Ursprung um 1445. Das Kirchengebäude wurde durch eine wohltätige Bürgerstiftung (Bruderhausstiftung) errichtet. Die heutige Gestalt erhielt die Kirche durch einen weitgehenden Umbau bzw. Neubau 1622/23.
Das Kirchengebäude ist ein giebelständiger, spätgotischer Saalbau mit steilem Satteldach. Die Bruderhauskirche ist in den umgebenden Gebäudekomplex eingebaut, die beiden freibleibenden Außenwände (Süd- und Ostwand) sind im Hochparterre durch spitzbogige Maßwerkfenster gegliedert. Der Dachfirst ist mit einem steinernen Lamm bekrönt.
An der (traufseitigen) Ostwand ist ein kleiner Chor in Form eines auskragenden Erkers angebracht. Über dem Erker erhebt sich ein kleines Türmchen (1868 nach einem Sturm erneuert, dabei wurde der nicht-gotische obere Abschnitt durch einen Turm mit Spitzhelm ersetzt
Bruderhauskirche Türe
Der aufgesockelte Eingang befindet sich an der Südwand, er ist über eine doppelläufige Treppe erreichbar. Das Rundbogenportal mit bleiverglaster Eisentür aus dem 19. Jahrhundert trägt die Jahreszahl „1622“."

EN:
"The memorial-protected former brother house church St. Ignaz and today's evangelical hospital church is located at Emmeramsplatz 12 in the old town of Regensburg.
The patron of the brother house church is Saint Ignatius of Antioch
The church was founded around 1445. The church building was erected by a charitable foundation (Brotherhood Foundation). The present church was given to the church by a major reconstruction or new building in 1622/23.
The church building is a gabled, late-Gothic hall with a steep saddle roof. The Bruderhauskirche is built into the surrounding building complex, the two freestanding exterior walls (south and east wall) are divided into the Hochparterre through pointed arched window frames. The roof-top is crowned with a stone lamb.
A small choir in the form of a cantilever is attached to the eastern side wall. Above the oriel rises a small turret (rebuilt after a storm in 1868, replacing the non-gothic upper section with a tower with a pointed helmet
Brother house church door
The raised entrance is on the south wall, it is accessible by a double staircase. The round arch portal with a leaded glass door of the 19th century bears the "1622". "
Active Church: Yes

School on property: No

Date Built: 1/1/1622

Website: [Web Link]

Service Times: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Take a picture of the Church. A waymarker and/or GPSr is not required to be in the photo. Please tell us about your experience.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Lutheran Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.