1924: St. Lüfthildis Chapel (Kesseling-Staffel)- RLP / Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Iris & Harry
N 50° 28.969 E 007° 03.233
32U E 361934 N 5594124
Quick Description: Catholic chapel St. Lüfthildis in Kesseling-Staffel.
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 4/17/2016 10:08:38 AM
Waymark Code: WMQZ23
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member saopaulo1
Views: 3

Long Description:
There are three dates at the chapel:
Chor bezeichnet 1794,
Bruchsteinsaalbau, 1924;
Kreuz, bezeichnet 1645

In this waymark we describe the Date for "Bruchsteinsaalbau, 1924" which is located above the Door.

Source: (visit link)

"Die katholische Kapelle St. Lüfthildis in Staffel, einem Ortsteil der Ortsgemeinde Kesseling im Landkreis Ahrweiler (Rheinland-Pfalz), wurde 1794 errichtet. Sie befindet sich an der Ortsdurchfahrt Kapellenstraße/Ecke Hauptstraße und ist ein geschütztes Kulturdenkmal."
"Die Kapelle ist ein einschiffiger, unverputzter Bruchsteinbau mit unregelmäßigem, vierseitigen Chorabschluss. Sie ist 14,10 m lang und 5,10 m breit. Die schmälere Ostseite steht nicht parallel zur Querachse der Kapelle. An den Traufseiten befinden sich je zwei und an der Nord- und Südseite des Chores je eine Fensteröffnung, die mit einfachen Bleiglasfenstern versehen sind.
Die Einfassung des Westportals aus Basalt mit profilierten Kämpfern ist auf dem Schlussstein mit der Jahreszahl 1794 versehen. Die Fensterlaibungen sind aus Bruchstein und auf dem schiefergedeckten Satteldach befindet sich im Osten des Langhauses ein quadratischer Dachreiter mit je zwei Öffnungen auf allen Seiten. Der Spitzhelm wird von einem Dachknauf mit einer Wetterfahne bekrönt."

EN:
"The Catholic chapel St. Lüfthildis in Staffel, a district of the municipality Kesseling district Ahrweiler (Rheinland-Pfalz), was built 1794th It is located at the village chapel / corner Main Street and is a protected cultural monument. "
"The chapel is a single-nave, unplastered quarry stone with an irregular quadrilateral chancel. It is 14.10 m long and 5.10 m wide. The narrower eastern side is not parallel to the transverse axis of the chapel. At the eaves sides are two and at the north and south side of the choir ever a window opening, which are provided with simple stained glass windows.
The enclosure of the West Portal of basalt with profiled fighters is provided on the keystone with the year 1794th The window frames are made of rubble stone and on the slated pitched roof is located in the east of the nave, a square ridge turret with two openings on all sides. The spire is topped by a roof knob with a weather vane"
Year of construction: 1924

Cross-listed waymark: Not listed

Full inscription: Not listed

Visit Instructions:

When logging a visit to a waymark in this category, please provide one or more photos taken by yourself, and note down your impressions and any background information you may have.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Dated Buildings and Cornerstones
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.