St. Pankratius und Margarita Church (Niederheckenbach) - RLP / Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Iris & Harry
N 50° 27.922 E 007° 03.903
32U E 362676 N 5592162
Quick Description: Roman Catholic church in Niederheckenbach, constructed 1828/29.
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 4/17/2016 7:27:43 AM
Waymark Code: WMQZ0K
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member MountainWoods
Views: 2

Long Description:
Source: (visit link)

"Die katholische Pfarrkirche St. Pankratius und Margarita in Niederheckenbach, einem Ortsteil von Heckenbach im Landkreis Ahrweiler (Rheinland-Pfalz), wurde 1828/29 erbaut und befindet sich am Kirchweg 2. Die Kirche ist ein geschütztes Kulturdenkmal."
Spätestens zu Anfang des 14. Jahrhunderts gab es eine Kirche in Niederheckenbach, denn es ist urkundlich überliefert, dass Gerhard von Landskron den Priester dieser Filialkirche der Pfarre Königsfeld bestellt hat. Im Jahre 1668 erscheint Heckenbach als eigene Pfarrei.
Die heutige Kirche wurde in den Jahren 1828/29 errichtet, denn die alte Kirche, die weiter unterhalb neben dem Pfarrhaus stand, war baufällig geworden. An der Kirche befindet sich der heute noch genutzte Friedhof.
1938 wurden alle Bewohner des Dorfes ausgesiedelt, um den Luftwaffenübungsplatz Ahrbrück einzurichten. Die ausgeräumte Kirche verfiel und wurde erst wieder 1955/56 hergestellt, denn 1950 begann die Wiederbesiedelung des Gebietes mit vertriebenen Bauern aus dem Ermland."

EN:
"The Catholic parish church of St. Pankratius und Margarita in Niederheckenbach was built in 1828/29 and is located at Kirchweg 2. The church is a protected cultural monument. "
At the latest at the beginning of the 14th century there was a church in Niederheckenbach because there is documentary narrated that Gerhard von Landskron has ordered the priest of the parish Filialkirche Königsfeld. In 1668 Heckenbach appear as a separate parish.
The present church was built in 1828/29, because the old church that stood further down next to the parsonage had become dilapidated. There is a now unused cemetery at the church.
1938, all residents of the village were evacuated to set up the Air Force training ground Ahrbrück. The reamed church fell and was only restored in 1955/56, since 1950 started the repopulation of the area with displaced peasants from Ermland"
Wikipedia Url: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
To post a visit log to this waymark you need to visit and write about the actual physical location. Any pictures you take at the location would be great, as well.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Wikipedia Entries
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.