St John's, Wollomombi, NSW, Australia
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Grahame Cookie
S 30° 30.676 E 152° 02.747
56J E 408441 N 6624172
Quick Description: This is a well presented, original (1926) wooden building on the main road for the Wollomombi Village, about 38 km east of Armidale.
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Date Posted: 3/27/2016 11:48:47 PM
Waymark Code: WMQTJZ
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member silverquill
Views: 1

Long Description:
While being an 'Active' church, Services are held once a month, on the third Sunday, at 3 pm; with it being used on the 2nd Sunday of the month by the Anglican Church at 3 pm.
There is no wheelchair access for this Church (unlike the Anglican church at Thalgarrah.)
One reason for the once a month Services could be the declining population of Wollomombi.
From a Wikipedia entry for Wollomombi: (visit link)
"Wollomombi's population was 299 in the 1961 Census and has since fallen to 148 in the 2006 Census"

The dedication stone, on the front of the church reads:
To the Glory of God
This Stone was laid by
Duncan McRae J.P.
of Inverinate Wollomombi
27th June 1926.

In the grounds is also a plaque/memorial for those of the District that served in wars, it reads:
To the Glory of God
In Memory of those from the
Wollomombi District
Who Served.
"Lest We Forget"
Presbyterian Denomination: Presbyterian Church of Australia

Status: Active House of Worship

Address:
44 Wollomombi Village Road
(Corner of Fassifern Road)
Wollomombi, NSW Australia
2350


Date Built: 6/27/1926

Architect: Not listed

Relevant Web Site: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Give the date and short description of your visit. Additional photos are encouraged.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Presbyterian Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.