Former Greyhound Station - Windsor, Ontario
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member RakeInTheCache
N 42° 19.070 W 083° 02.297
17T E 332033 N 4687077
Quick Description: This bus depot opened in 1940 as the central station for both local and inter-city bus services, including Eastern Canadian Greyhound Lines. It was used until 2007 for local transit as well as inter-city buses.
Location: Ontario, Canada
Date Posted: 7/27/2015 1:21:17 PM
Waymark Code: WMPA3H
Views: 3

Interesting architecture:
The station was designed by Windsor Architects Hugh P. Sheppard and George Y. Masson in the streamlined Moderne style used for intercity stations during the late 1930s and early 40s. However, this style is associated with American Architect W.S. Arrasmith who designed at least 50 stations for Greyhound.


Food and drink?: no

Restrooms?: no

Website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
One (1) photo required when logging a waymark.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Bus Stations
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.