By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Burg Neidenfels - Neidenfels/Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member KaPsTeam
N 49° 23.477 E 008° 02.746
32U E 430753 N 5471392
Quick Description: Die Burg Neidenfels ist die Ruine einer Höhenburg auf einem 258 m ü. NN hohen Felsklotz auf dem „Schlossberg“. The Neidenfels Castle is a ruined castle on a height of 258 m above sea level. NN high outcrop of rock on the "Schlossberg".
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 4/6/2014 11:12:07 AM
Waymark Code: WMKFCR
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member RakeInTheCache
Views: 3

Long Description:
Die Burg wurde um 1330 durch Pfalzgraf Rudolf II., als Nachfolge zur Burg Lichtenstein auf dem benachbarten Bergrücken erbaut. Die erste urkundliche Erwähnung war 1338.

Lehensleute waren die Herren von Lichtenstein, Gerhard und Johannes von Odenbach, Wachenheim und Moosbach. Johann von Wachenheim lieh 1356 dem Pfalzgrafen 500 Goldgulden zum Ausbau der Neidenfels. Lehnsnehmer 1409 waren Dieter II. Landschad von Steinach und seine Gattin Irmgard, sie sollten 400 Gulden in die Burg investieren. Ein Jahr später bei seinem Regierungsantritt belehnte Kurfürst Ludwig III. die Edlen von Steinhausen mit der Neidenfels, danach folgte das Geschlecht der Angellocher.

Reiteroberst, Peter Beutterich, Diplomat und Regierungsmitglied, erhielt 1577 von Kurfürst Johann Casimir, dem "Jäger aus Kurpfalz", den Besitz Neidenfels und wurde dessen "Außenminister".

Die Burg wurde 1689 durch Franzosen im Pfälzischen Erbfolgekrieg gesprengt. Forstmeister Glöckle ließ 1749 mit Steinen der Burg auf dem Burgberg Weinbergterrassen anlegen, jedoch ohne Erfolg.

Der Gemeinderat Neidenfels nahm 1935 die Burg als Schenkung an, mit Erhaltungsmaßnahmen wurde begonnen.

Umfassende Erhaltungsmaßnahmen im Wert von 300.000 DM fanden 1986 statt.

[E]
The castle was built around 1330 by Pfalzgraf Rudolf II , the successor to the castle Lichtenstein on the adjacent ridge. The first mention was 1338th

Vassals were the Lords of Lichtenstein, Gerhard and John Odenbach , Home Guard and moss creek. John of Home Guard in 1356 lent the Palatine 500 gold florins to the development of Neidenfels . Lehnsnehmer 1409 were Dieter II Country of Steinach and his wife Irmgard , they should invest 400 guilders in the castle. A year later in his reign enfeoffed Elector Ludwig III . the nobles of Steinhausen with the Neidenfels , then came the sex of Angel punch .

Rider Colonel , Peter Beutterich , diplomat and member of the government , received in 1577 by Elector John Casimir , the " hunters from the Palatinate ," the possession Neidenfels and became its "foreign minister" .

The castle was blown up in 1689 by the French in the Palatinate War of Succession . Forester Glöckle left in 1749 to create stones of the castle on Castle Hill vineyard terraces , but without success.

The council Neidenfels in 1935 the castle as a gift to , with conservation measures was initiated.

Comprehensive conservation measures worth 300,000 DM took place in 1986.
Accessibility: Full access

Condition: Partly ruined

Admission Charge?: no

Website: [Web Link]

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Castles
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.