By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Burg Lindelbrunn - Vorderweidenthal, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member KaPsTeam
N 49° 08.674 E 007° 53.786
32U E 419517 N 5444112
Quick Description: The Lindelbrunn Castle (also Lindelbol, Lindelbronn or Lindelborn called) is a medieval ruin of a rock castle near Vorderweidenthal.
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 1/11/2014 10:13:16 PM
Waymark Code: WMJXFK
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member RakeInTheCache
Views: 11

Long Description:
The castle was Lindelbrunn middle of the 12th Century, probably founded as an imperial castle to defend the Trifels , maybe they came earlier in the possession of Speyer Imperial Church . 1268 the Ministerial Dieter von Lindelbol is first mentioned in a document , who was a descendant of the Reichstruchseß Mark Ward of Annweiler (about 1140-1202 ) . It is therefore anzunehmem that has been the main development of the castle with Palas ( hall building ) and free-standing chapel through this to 1190/1200 . True Saalbauten and detached chapels at that time were limited to relatively high-level builders, not even one count could produce around 1200 equivalent . 1274 was the castle of King Rudolf of Habsburg in the possession of Count Emich IV and Frederick III . passed from Leiningen . Over time was used to Lindelbrunn Ganerbenburg . Through pledges of castle parts , the number of co-owners grew so strong that it came to disputes. 1381 Nicholas chapel is first mentioned in a document . In 1441 the troops of the Elector Palatine and the Speyer bishop Reinhard von Helmstatt besieged for seven weeks the castle until a peaceful balance ended the siege.
Shortly after Easter 1450 attracted because of a feud and the capture of Hans Helm city the troops of the city of Landau and the bishopric of Speyer to the castle. After four days of unsuccessful siege Holzapfel was ransomed . In June of the same year besieged the Count Emich VI . of Leiningen - Hard castle with his son and Friedrich von Zweibrücken - Bitsch the castle , this took one and so ended the dispute .
During the Peasants' War of 1525 , the castle of rebellious peasants of Kleeburg piston pile was burnt down. She has since remained uninhabited and fell into disrepair.
Since 1963, the castle is owned by the State of Rhineland -Palatinate. In the years 1979 to 1981 were allowed for considerable improvement in conduct , in which were the remains of the free-standing chapel uncovered.
Accessibility: Full access

Condition: Partly ruined

Admission Charge?: no

Website: [Web Link]

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Castles
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Biep2203 visited Burg Lindelbrunn - Vorderweidenthal, Germany 11/17/2016 Biep2203 visited it
zappapapa visited Burg Lindelbrunn - Vorderweidenthal, Germany 4/6/2014 zappapapa visited it
Lettertrolline visited Burg Lindelbrunn - Vorderweidenthal, Germany 3/10/2014 Lettertrolline visited it
shogi! visited Burg Lindelbrunn - Vorderweidenthal, Germany 3/31/2013 shogi! visited it

View all visits/logs