Medford - Statton/Braddock House
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member LowellHouseGuy
N 39° 53.811 W 074° 49.423
18S E 515070 N 4416323
Quick Description: Most of the land of what is now Medford Village was owned by two families in l775– the Braddocks and the Branins. This brick residence was built of Flemish Bond brick that year for John Braddock, a tanner, by Isaac Stratton. It was probably built in two sections. The house has a varied pattern, as every other brick has a salt glazed end– of dark green color, very shiny and having the hardness of flint. In l795, Robert Braddock purchased the property.
Location: New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 7/14/2006 12:25:58 PM
Waymark Code: WMHAF
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member fishingdude720
Views: 44

Marker Name: The Stratton/Braddock House

Marker Type: Local? Unofficial

Marker text:
Isaac Stratton, son of Mark Stratton, in c1860 built this Flemish Bond Brick home. It was probably built in two sections. In 1795 Robert Braddock purchased this property.


Dedication Date: 09/14/1997

City: Medford

County: Burlington

Group responsible for placement: unknown

Web Link: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
A photo of the 'Marker' or 'Plaque' is required to identify the location, plus a picture of the 'Historic Site', please ALSO provide a detailed description of your visit so we can form a 'mental image'
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest New Jersey Historical Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Math Teacher visited Medford - Statton/Braddock House 4/30/2008 Math Teacher visited it

View all visits/logs