By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Sapulpa Masonic Lodge 170 (former) - Sapulpa, OK
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member hamquilter
N 35° 59.867 W 096° 06.553
14S E 760581 N 3987568
Quick Description: This building was constructed in 1925 as the Masonic Lodge.
Location: Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 5/14/2013 1:56:19 PM
Waymark Code: WMH384
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Math Teacher
Views: 7

Long Description:
Sapulpa Masonic Lodge No. 170 was chartered on August 14, 1901. In 1925, this building was constructed to house the lodge. In the early 1940s, the building was purchased by a local glass manufacturing company and was renamed The Collins Building. Then, in the early 1990s, Creek County purchased the building for office space, and beautifully restored the building.

This is a three-story blonde brick building in the Classical Revival style of architecture. Its south-facing entrance has a full-height entry porch with large stone Doric columns extending to a peaked pediment. A large ballroom is located on the third floor.

At the northeast corner of the building, a large two-sided stone cornerstone reads "Sapulpa Lodge / 170 A.F. & A.M. / Laid by / G.B. Bristow / Grand Master / April 20, 1925 / A.L. 5925" The other side of the stone shows the Masonic emblem - the square and compass.

The Masons are still operating in the Sapulpa area out of a lodge located at 21 N. Elm Street. They meet on the first and third Mondays at 6:30PM.
MASONIC LODGES: Not listed

GRAND MASONIC LODGES: Not listed

Other: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Take a photo of the front entrance with your GPS in the Photo.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Masonic Temples
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Max and 99 visited Sapulpa Masonic Lodge 170 (former) - Sapulpa, OK 2/22/2014 Max and 99 visited it