Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member luzzi-reloaded
N 47° 26.884 E 012° 23.369
33T E 303205 N 5258261
Quick Description: Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria
Location: Tirol, Austria
Date Posted: 9/21/2012 1:06:46 AM
Waymark Code: WMFAP5
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member lumbricus
Views: 10

Long Description:
[DE]

"Ge­schichte

Die am Nord­rand der Alt­stadt pit­to­resk auf dem Kirch­bü­hel ge­le­gene An­dre­as­kir­che ist in ihrer heu­ti­gen Ge­stalt das Er­geb­nis meh­re­rer Bau- und Aus­stat­tungs­pha­sen. 1987 durch­ge­führte Gra­bun­gen brach­ten die Reste einer ein­fa­chen Saal­kir­che mit halb­run­der Apsis zum Vor­schein. In die­sem Ur­sprungs­bau wird die Kir­che jenes aus Bay­ern ein­ge­wan­der­ten Ad­li­gen Chizzo ver­mu­tet, nach dem der Ort be­nannt ist. Um 1200 er­folgte unter Bei­be­hal­tung der Süd­wand eine erste ro­ma­ni­sche Er­wei­te­rung, die be­reits ein hal­bes Jahr­hun­dert spä­ter einem Neu­bau wich. Von die­sem spätromanisch-frühgotischen Neu­bau wurde, als äl­tes­ter er­hal­te­ner Teil, der schlanke Chor­win­kel­turm in den go­ti­schen Neu­bau über­nom­men. Um 1360 wurde die ro­ma­ni­sche Apsis durch einen go­ti­schen Po­ly­go­nal­chor er­setzt.

Wirt­schaft­li­che Blüte und ge­wach­sene Be­völ­ke­rung lie­ßen im 15. Jahr­hun­dert den Plan zu einem um­fas­sen­den Neu­bau rei­fen. 1435 wurde der Grund­stein zu einem spät­go­ti­schen Hal­len­lang­haus ge­legt. Mit dem Salz­bur­ger Ste­phan Kru­me­n­auer konnte für Ent­wurf und Aus­füh­rung einer der be­deu­tends­ten Bau­meis­ter der al­pi­nen Spät­go­tik ge­won­nen wer­den. Den­noch konnte das Lang­haus erst nach jahr­zehn­te­lan­ger Bau­un­ter­bre­chung 1506 ge­wölbt und an­schlie­ßend ge­weiht wer­den. Als letzte mit­tel­al­ter­li­che Bau­maß­nahme fügte der Kitz­bü­he­ler An­dré Kle­pat der Nord­seite des Lang­hau­ses die zwei­ge­schos­sige Sa­kris­tei an.

1711 bis 1712 stockte Hans Möd­lin­ger aus Lofer den Turm auf und ver­sah ihn mit einer ba­ro­cken Haube. Eine 1785 bis 1786 durch den Kitz­bü­he­ler An­drä Hu­e­ber durch­ge­führte Ba­ro­cki­sie­rung des In­ne­ren hat sich nur im Chor er­hal­ten. Die Stuk­ka­tu­ren und De­cken­fres­ken des Lang­hau­ses sind hin­ge­gen das Re­sul­tat einer erst 1897 durch Josef Gold durch­ge­führ­ten Neo­ba­ro­cken Um­ge­stal­tung.
Ar­chi­tek­tur

Ste­phan Kru­me­n­auer schuf eine weite drei­schif­fige Stu­fen­halle von drei Jo­chen. Die wei­ten spitz­bo­gi­gen Ar­ka­den ruhen auf acht­ecki­gen Pfei­lern, denen in den Haupt­ach­sen halb­runde Dienste vor­ge­legt waren. Im Zuge der »Neo­ba­ro­cki­sie­rung« des Lang­hau­ses wur­den die Gurt­bö­gen und Dia­go­nal­rip­pen des Ge­wöl­bes durch kleinteilig-verspielte Rokoko-Stukkaturen er­setzt. Diese ver­schlei­fen die klare Joch­tei­lung des spät­go­ti­schen Raum­bil­des. Auch im Chor wich das ur­sprüng­li­che Ge­wölbe einer im aus­ge­hen­den Ba­rock ein­ge­zo­ge­nen und stuckier­ten Tonne mit tief ein­schnei­den­den Stich­kap­pen.

Die nach­mit­tel­al­ter­li­chen Um­ge­stal­tungs­maß­nah­men brach­ten auch den Ver­lust der Fens­ter­maß­werke mit sich. Ein­zig in der um 1450 an der Süd­seite des Chors an­ge­bau­ten Mü­nichauer Ka­pelle (heute Ro­saka­pelle) hat sich ein drei­bah­ni­ges Maß­werk­fens­ter er­hal­ten, des­sen Cou­ron­ne­ment die für die Spät­go­tik ty­pi­schen Fisch­bla­sen zeigt.

Die zu­rück­hal­tende Glie­de­rung des Au­ßen­baus be­schränkt sich auf die mehr­fach durch Was­ser­schläge ge­trepp­ten Stre­be­pfei­ler des hoch­go­ti­schen Chors und schlanke Spitz­bo­gen­fens­ter. Ein mäch­ti­ges Krüp­pel­walmdach über­spannt alle drei Schiffe. Seine Trauf­li­nie setzt sich als ein­fa­ches Ge­sims an der be­tont schlich­ten Quer­schnitt­fas­sade fort. Deren Glie­de­rung be­schränkt sich auf ein zen­tra­les Spitz­bo­gen­fens­ter und das von einem Vor­dach über­fan­gene Por­tal.
Aus­stat­tung

Von der mit­tel­al­ter­li­chen Aus­stat­tung haben sich an den Wän­den des Cho­res acht fres­kierte Apos­tel (um 1480) er­hal­ten. Diese flan­kier­ten den ver­lo­re­nen spät­go­ti­schen Hoch­al­tar, zu des­sen Schrein die heute in der Ro­saka­pelle auf­ge­stellte Schnitz­fi­gur einer Mut­ter­got­tes mit Kind (um 1460) ge­hö­ren könnte. Zwei Epi­ta­phien der aus­ge­hen­den Gotik sind in die süd­li­che be­zie­hungs­weise nörd­li­che Wand des Lang­hau­ses ein­ge­las­sen. Das Grab­denk­mal des Gre­gor Erl­bach (1515) stellt in sei­nem Re­lief die Gre­gors­messe dar. Der auf­wän­dige, von Hans Frosch aus Hall ge­fer­tigte Grab­stein der Fa­mi­lie Kup­fer­schmid (1520) zeigt in der Mitte ein Kreu­zi­gungs­re­lief aus rotem Mar­mor. Um die­ses grup­pie­ren sich in acht plas­tisch ge­rahm­ten Fel­dern Ne­ben­sze­nen, die ebenso in hel­lem Sand­stein ge­ar­bei­tet wur­den, wie die das Epi­taph be­krö­nende fla­che Mu­schel­ni­sche.

Weite Teile der Aus­stat­tung ent­stan­den im Zuge einer suk­zes­si­ven Ba­ro­cki­sie­rung des In­ne­ren im spä­ten 17. und 18. Jahr­hun­dert. Die 1646 von Lukas Six aus Hopf­gar­ten ge­schaf­fene Kan­zel wurde 1990 wie­der an den süd­li­chen Pfei­ler ver­setzt. Der Hoch­al­tar wurde 1663 von dem Bild­hauer Be­ne­dikt Fais­ten­ber­ger in Zu­sam­men­ar­beit mit sei­nem Schwa­ger, dem Fass­ma­ler Veit Rabl ge­schaf­fen. Das von Jo­hann Spil­len­ber­ger unter deut­li­chem Ein­fluss Tin­to­ret­tos ge­malte Al­t­ar­blatt stellt Maria mit den Kir­chen­pa­tro­nen Ja­co­bus und An­dreas dar. Der­selbe Maler schuf auch die Al­t­ar­blät­ter der bei­den äu­ße­ren von ins­ge­samt vier (!) Ne­ben­al­tä­ren an der Ost­wand des Mit­tel­schif­fes. Vom kla­ren ar­chi­tek­to­ni­schen Auf­bau des Hoch­al­tars und der bei­den äu­ße­ren Sei­ten­al­täre (um 1660) un­ter­schei­den sich ihre bei­den in­ne­ren Pen­dants. Deren ge­schwun­gene For­men las­sen auf eine spä­tere Ent­ste­hungs­zeit schlie­ßen (um 1710). Be­reits dem Ro­koko ge­hö­ren die Pfeil­er­fi­gu­ren (um 1765) an, die ebenso in der Werk­statt Franz Of­fers des jün­ge­ren ent­stan­den wie das Chor­ge­stühl (1760). Die vier qua­li­tät­vol­len Beicht­stühle schnitzte Josef Mar­tin Len­gauer. Von ihm stam­men auch die Wan­gen der Be­stuh­lung.

Unter den Fres­ken und Öl­ge­mäl­den ragen vor allem die Ar­bei­ten Simon Be­ne­dikt Fais­ten­ber­gers her­aus. Er schuf neben dem De­cken­fresko der Ro­saka­pelle (1724; Glo­rie der hl. Rosa) auch die Öl­bil­der der Or­gel­em­pore (1751; An­be­tung der Kö­nige, Kreu­zi­gung Christi). Im aus­ge­hen­den Ro­koko er­hielt der Chor seine De­cken­ge­stal­tung. Das Fresko Mat­thias Kirch­ners (1786; Ver­herr­li­chung des Al­tar­sa­kra­ments) wird von den zar­ten Ro­caille­for­men des von An­drä Hu­e­ber ge­schaf­fe­nen Stucks um­spielt. Erst im aus­ge­hen­den 19. Jahr­hun­dert schuf der Na­za­re­ner Josef Gold die De­cken­fres­ken des Lang­hau­ses (1897). In ihren star­ren Kom­po­si­tio­nen und ver­gleichs­weise dunk­len Far­ben fehlt ihnen die Dy­na­mik und Fri­sche der ba­ro­cken Ma­le­reien.

Ob­gleich die Um­ge­stal­tun­gen der go­ti­schen Kir­che nicht nach ein­heit­li­chem Plan, son­dern suk­zes­sive vom Früh­ba­rock bis zum spä­tes­ten Ro­koko er­folgte, er­gibt sich durch die Sen­si­bi­li­tät der Ba­ro­cki­sie­rungs­maß­nah­men ein ho­mo­ge­nes Ge­samt­bild. Die­ses liegt nicht zu­letzt in den Spät­go­tik und Ba­rock ge­mein­sa­men Dy­na­mi­sie­rungs­ten­den­zen be­grün­det. Die durch­ge­hend hohe Qua­li­tät der Ein­zel­teile lässt das Ganze als ein sinn­lich er­fahr­ba­res Ge­samt­kunst­werk er­schei­nen.

Wäh­rend das In­nere nach sei­ner neu­zeit­li­chen Über­for­mung ba­ro­cke Sin­nen­freude aus­strahlt, prä­sen­tiert sich der Au­ßen­bau in sei­ner fast wehr­haf­ten Ge­schlos­sen­heit und – auch nach der jüngs­ten Re­stau­rie­rung – unregelmäßig-erdigen Far­big­keit von fast der­ber Schlicht­heit. Diese wahrt eine Vor­stel­lung von der volks­tüm­li­chen Fröm­mig­keit des eins­ti­gen Bergstädt­chens. Seit des­sen Ent­de­ckung und Ver­ein­nah­mung durch den Ski- und Snob-Tourismus bil­det der be­schau­li­che Kirch­bü­hel einen an­ge­neh­men Ge­gen­pol zum oberflächlich-bunten Trei­ben der In­nen­stadt." - Quelle: (visit link)


[EN]

"History

The on the northern edge of the picturesque old town situated on the Kirchbühel Andreas church in its present form is the result of several phases of construction and equipment. 1987 conducted excavations the remains of a simple church hall with a semicircular apse brought to light. This original building, the church that had emigrated from Bavaria nobles Chizzo is suspected after the place is named. Around 1200, while retaining the south wall was a first Roman expansion, the more already half a century later a new building. Of late Romanesque and early Gothic building that was, as the oldest preserved part, the lean angle choir tower incorporated into the Gothic building. Around 1360 the Romanesque apse was replaced by a Gothic polygonal choir.

Economic prosperity and growing population were in the 15th Century to mature into a comprehensive new plan. In 1435 the foundation stone was laid for a late gothic nave. With the Salzburg Stephan Krumenauer the design and execution of the most important architects of the alpine could be won late Gothic. Nevertheless, the long house are arched after decades of interruption of construction in 1506 and subsequently ordained. As last medieval construction project added the Kitzbühel André Klepat the north side of the nave of the two-storey vestry.

1711 to 1712 Hans Mödlinger faltered from Lofer to the tower and provided it with a baroque dome. A 1785 to 1786 conducted by the Kitzbühel Andrä Hueber baroquisation the interior has been preserved only in the choir. The stucco and frescoed ceiling of the nave, however, are the result of in 1897 conducted by Joseph Gold neobaroque transformation.
Ar-chi-tek-ture

Stephan Krumenauer created a wide nave levels hall of three bays. The wide ogival arches resting on octagonal pillars, which were in the main axes semicircular services provided. As part of the "Neobarockisierung" the nave, the transverse arches and diagonal ribs of the vault by fragmented and playful Rococo stucco were replaced. This smoothen the yoke pitch clear of late Gothic spatial image. Also important in the choir the original vaults of the late Baroque retracted and stuccoed ton with deeply cut lunettes.

The post-medieval reorganization measures also brought with it the loss of Fenstermaßwerke. Only in around 1450 built onto the south side of the choir Münichauer Chapel (now Rosa chapel) has a tracery dreibahniges obtained whose Couronnement shows typical for the late Gothic fish bladders.

The reluctance of the exterior structure is limited to the multiple getreppten by waterhammer buttresses of the High Gothic choir and slender lancet windows. A powerful hipped roof spans all three ships. Its eaves is made as simple cornice on the facade deliberately simple cross section. Whose structure is restricted to a central lancet windows and cased by a shelter site.
Off-stat device

From the medieval features on the walls of the choir eight frescoed apostles have received (in 1480). These flanked the lost late Gothic high altar, to the shrine which today set down in the pink chapel carved figure of a Madonna and Child could include (around 1460). Two epitaphs of outgoing Gothic embedded in the southern or northern wall of the nave. The grave monument of Erlbach Gregory (1515) notes in his relief that Gregor Fair represents the complex, by Hans frog made from Hall family grave stone Kupferschmid (1520) in the middle shows a Crucifixion relief of red marble. To this are grouped into eight plastic framed fields Besides scenes also worked in pale sandstone, such as the crowning epitaph flat mussel niche.

Large parts of the equipment was built as part of a successive Baroque style of the interior in the late 17th and 18 Year-hundred. The Six 1646 by Luke created from Hopfgarten pulpit was in 1990 transferred to the southern pier. The high altar was created in 1663 by sculptor Benedict Faistenberger in collaboration with his brother, the painter Veit barrel Rabl. The Johann Spillenberger painted under strong influence of Tintoretto altarpiece represents Mary with the Church and Andreas Jacobus cartridges represent same artist also created the altar of the two outer sheets of four (!) Side altars on the east wall of the nave. From the clear architectural structure of the high altar and the two outer side altars (around 1660) the difference between their two inner counterparts. Whose curved shapes suggest a later development time close (around 1710). Already belong to the rococo pillars figures (for 1765), which also originated in the workshop of Franz Offers younger as the choir stalls (1760). The four high-quality carved confessionals Josef Martin Lengauer. He has written and also the sides of the seats.

Among the frescoes and oil paintings stand out above all the work Simon Benedict Faistenbergers. He created next to the ceiling fresco in the chapel of Pink (1724; glory of St. Rose.), The oil paintings of the organ loft. (1751, Adoration of the Magi, The Crucifixion) In late Rococo was the choir's ceiling design. The fresco Matthias Kirchner (1786; glorification of the Blessed Sacrament) is lapped by the gentle Rocailleformen created by Andrae Hueber stucco. Only in 19 of hen-the-ge- Century created the Nazarene Josef gold the ceiling frescoes of the nave (1897). Rigid in their compositions and comparatively dark colors, they lack the dynamism and freshness of Baroque paintings.

Although the transformations of the Gothic church was not to a uniform plan, but gradually from the early Baroque to the latest Rococo, is due to the sensitivity of Barockisierungsmaßnahmen a homogeneous whole. This is due not least to the late Gothic and Baroque common Dynamisierungstendenzen. The consistently high quality of the items appear to be the whole thing as a sensually perceivable Gesamtkunstwerk.

While the interior to its modern reshaping radiates baroque sensuality, is how the exterior in its almost fortified closeness and - even after the recent restoration - irregular, earthy colors of almost earthy simplicity. This maintains an idea of ??the popular piety of the former mining town. Since its discovery and appropriation through skiing and snob-tourism is the contemplative Kirchbühel a pleasant counterpoint to the superficial colorful bustle of the city "- Source:. (visit link)
Type of Church: Church

Status of Building: Actively in use for worship

Date of building construction: 1/1/1200

Diocese: Kitzbühel

Address/Location:
Kirchplatz
Kitzbühel, Tirol Austria


Relvant Web Site: [Web Link]

Date of organization: Not listed

Dominant Architectural Style: Not listed

Associated Shrines, Art, etc.: Not listed

Archdiocese: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log a visit to this waymark, you must post at least one original photo of the site, give the date and a brief description of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Roman Catholic Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
kaschper69 visited Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria 7/13/2018 kaschper69 visited it
GAB777 visited Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria 1/7/2018 GAB777 visited it
Benerij visited Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria 10/2/2014 Benerij visited it
Amigo th 2de visited Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria 8/22/2014 Amigo th 2de visited it
DNS82 visited Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria 5/14/2013 DNS82 visited it
luzzi-reloaded visited Pfarrkirche Hl. Andreas - Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria 9/21/2012 luzzi-reloaded visited it

View all visits/logs