Texaco No. 1 - Paragould, AR
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Dulcimoore
N 36° 03.268 W 090° 29.106
15S E 726528 N 3992916
Quick Description: Built in 1924, this Mission/Spanish Revival station was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.
Location: Arkansas, United States
Date Posted: 7/26/2011 11:43:54 AM
Waymark Code: WMC538
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Team Farkle 7
Views: 3

Long Description:
Since 1985 it has hosted the Hamburger Station.

Olan Lewis was the first owner and operator of the Texaco Station in 1924. However by 1939, according to the Paragould City Directory, the Texaco Station No. 1 was owned and operated by E. D. Woodburn, who also owned the Texaco Station No. 2 located at Second and Poplar. As stated by Paul West a long time resident of the area, since the mid-1940s the gas station has changed products a number of times including Esso and Standard Oil. He also remembers it being used as a bus station. Paul West ran a used car dealership out of the building for fifteen years before it was sold on 1 October 1985, to Dottie Biddick and Marky Collum. They began the Hamburger Station restaurant and drive-thru after making an addition to the rear of the building. Marky Collum remembers that the only change they made to the building was the installation of cabinets, and a stove- the exterior was already painted white and red and the single pane stationary windows were previously installed. The current owner, Bert Daggett worked for the restaurant a number of years, and purchased the business in 1998. Source: (visit link)
Address of the station:
110 East Main Street
Paragould, AR USA
72450


Type of Gas Station: Reborn

Visit Instructions:
Enjoy your visit, tell your story and post a picture.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Vintage Gas Stations
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.