COURTHOUSE OF CALAVERAS COUNTY, 1852-1866, AND LEGER HOTEL - Mokelumne Hill, CA
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member saopaulo1
N 38° 18.068 W 120° 42.351
10S E 700606 N 4241716
Quick Description: A plaque in front of this hotel that was once a courthouse.
Location: California, United States
Date Posted: 1/9/2011 8:43:38 PM
Waymark Code: WMAFNG
Published By: Groundspeak Charter Member Marky
Views: 8

Long Description:
A portion of this building served as the Calaveras County Courthouse from 1852 to 1866, when the county seat was removed to San Andreas. George W. Leger then acquired the court building and made it a part of his adjoining hotel, which has been in operation since early gold mining days - it was known as the Grand Hotel in 1874 when fire damaged it and destroyed its dance hall. Restored in 1879, it has since been known as the Leger Hotel.
Marker Number: 663.00

Marker Name: COURTHOUSE OF CALAVERAS COUNTY, 1852-1866, AND LEGER HOTEL

County: Calaveras

Has Official CA Plaque: yes

Marker Dedication Date: 6/14/1959

Location:
SE corner of Main and Lafayette Sts, Mokelumne Hill


Website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Feel free to post a picture of you at the landmark site, but a photo is not required to log a visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest California Historical Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
heringermr visited COURTHOUSE OF CALAVERAS COUNTY, 1852-1866, AND LEGER HOTEL - Mokelumne Hill, CA 4/11/2014 heringermr visited it
kdczy visited COURTHOUSE OF CALAVERAS COUNTY, 1852-1866, AND LEGER HOTEL - Mokelumne Hill, CA 1/9/2011 kdczy visited it

View all visits/logs